"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Monday, May 18, 2015

Getting Ready for Summer!

Tomorrow is Isla's preschool graduation, and then after that it will officially be summertime!!!

Today we headed off to the mall to get the girls Stride Rite summer sandals - literally the only shoes they wear all summer since they go with everything, and get Isla a summer bob. She wanted it, but decided to grow out her bangs so those didn't get a trim. She's getting big enough to make these decisions herself! She looks adorable. I just love little girls with bob haircuts!
 

While we were there Cookie also needed to re-pierce one of her ears, and Isla decided she wanted to get her ears pierced!

Let me back up, I had my ears pierced at 6 months, and I've always loved it. I've never had to worry about them closing up, and I always meant to get the girls ears pierced at around the same age. I just never got around to doing it. It's very common in many of the countries I've lived in and visited to do little girls ears as newborns. They can be draped in pink and without their ears pierced, everyone asks if they are a little boy!

So I really didn't have a problem with Isla doing it, in fact I felt like it was long overdue. She was so brave, and she didn't even flinch!

And then I decided while we were there to go ahead and do Zoya. She cried some, but nothing too bad. She quickly returned to her smiley, happy self!

And then Nick met us for lunch at the mall, and after talking we decided to just go ahead and get Gemma's ears done to! She was probably the biggest crier, but pretty much forgot about it once we bought her a little stuffed animal. I have photo documented evidence of how upset she was, but people don't need to see that!

I'm glad that we got this out of the way for all three girls, I just wish that I had done it sooner for the big girls!

Now that we are ready with new haircuts, shoes and pierced ears, it's time to bring on the summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews