"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Halloween 2014

I never post about Halloween, and I just want to get a few pictures on the blog for documentation purposes.

Just like 99.9% of sisters in America, Isla and Gemma were Anna and Elsa. We had planned to get Zoya into some sort of Olaf get up, but I just didn’t get around to it.

IMG_5817IMG_5820IMG_5815

If you’re wondering why Gemma isn’t wearing a red headed wig, and Isla’s hair isn’t in braids… well, I read this article and it changed my life. It’s called “I’m done making my kids’ childhood magical”. I’m done wasting my time on details that make absolutely no difference to my kids. I sprinkled a little bit of glitter in Isla’s hair and she thought that was pure awesomeness, Gemma would have had a wig off on in 5 seconds flat. They had the best Halloween and mom wasn’t stressed out. You what’s going to ruin my kids’ childhood? A stressed out mom. You know what isn’t? Not having a costume that cost $150 and copies Elsa’s ensemble down to the last glittering snowflake. Oh and at Christmas, I totally used the store bought sugar cookie dough for making our Christmas cookies. Slacker moms unite.

Also, of course I had cute little coordinating Halloween outfits for them. What can I say? It makes me happy, and make my life a little more magical. This is all of the girls at Isla’s school field trip to the pumpkin patch.

IMG_5510IMG_5512

Love her joie de vivre!

IMG_5516IMG_5515

Gemma loved the pumpkins and made a new friend!

IMG_5525

Sister pictures. Love them, love them, love them! True to Zoya’s personality until she turned 2 1/2 months, she cried through them all Sad smile. Now she’s one of the happiest babies in the world.

IMG_5537IMG_5538

Isla is an amazing, loving big sister!

IMG_5548IMG_5551IMG_5562Big sisters, comforting little sister. Yes, my heart is melting right now.

IMG_5582We also visited Isla’s school for their Halloween parade and Pumpkin Party.

Go ahead, you can say it… that’s a cute toddler.

IMG_5696IMG_5697IMG_5725

These two sisters love each other so much.

IMG_5746IMG_5770IMG_5772

Happy Halloween 2014 in January of 2015!

*****Update: I found these and I wanted to include them!

We also went to a Halloween festival at Isla’s school. Their Halloween outfits from last year still fit them, so they were able to wear them one last time. The girls were able to ride in a horse drawn carriage. I stayed behind with Zoya because she was sleeping (I am only a teeny bit jealous.)

IMG_5649IMG_5651IMG_5658

Isla had her face painted like Elsa!

IMG_5672

Nick was out of town so we had to Facetime him to let him see.

IMG_5673

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews