"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Friday, January 9, 2015

Christmas Break 2014

One of my goals for the new year is to blog more often with less words, fewer qualifying statements, fewer exclamation points (I know I have a problem) and more pictures. Let’s see how I do.

First of all, the girls’ Santa photo was pretty much the bomb!

20141222130844_0001

The Live “Activity” as Isla calls it. Gemma was mesmerized. Isla threw a fit when it was time to leave, which is very unlike her, so we stayed longer because we could all use more time with Baby Jesus.

IMG_6330

Nick spent a lot of time working on this awesomeness – a much safer, more attractive play loft, and safer way to access it!

photo 3 (5)photo 1 (9)photo 2 (11)

We spent a lot of time at Home Depot getting supplies. Can you spot Gemma? My City Select has been the best stroller for us (exclamation point).

IMG_6332

Zoya seems like she is going to surpass Gemma in size very soon and catch up to her in diaper size. I spend a lot of time cheek to jowl with my littlest chubster. She is the most delectable squishy baby!

photo 2 (12)

Christmas Eve service!!! These three cute little girls generated a lot of smiles wherever they went. I told Nick I am doing a public service by dressing them in matching clothes – they make people happy just to see them.

photo 2 (14)photo 5 (4)photo 3 (7)

Opening presents Christmas Eve. Gemma’s favorite present was her baby doll. Isla’s was everything.

photo 1 (11)

Our littlest doll with her little doll.

photo 5 (3)

On Christmas day we went and looked at Christmas lights. Santa visited. We also made cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. It’s a great tradition if you have kids, it’s a great way for them to connect Christ’s birth to the holiday in a way that is meaningful to them.

photo 1 (10)

School Christmas party. Gemma loves to visit Isla’s school and stay for the parties. Hopefully things like this will make her transition to MDO easier next year.

IMG_6317

Dimples. (I will not put in a qualifier about how we DO take her out of her car seat, it’s just easier to take pictures when she’s in there.)

IMG_6324

We decorated Christmas cookies and a Gingerbread house. Well, Isla decorated, Gemma just ate the decorations.

photo 3 (8)

We had new floors installed in two rooms in the house. We have carpets for other rooms coming soon. I’ll post more on that later but here’s a sneak peak.

IMG_6336

The big girls were mesmerized by the installation process.

photo 5 (5)

We held a garage sale to help my Angel Tree cutie, Julie, meet her goal. Between that and all of my precious friends, she made her goal and then some. Most of the garage sale items were donated by people I don’t even know. I just put the word out on Next Door and Facebook. I live in an amazing town.

IMG_6310

Zoya worked really hard at finding her thumb. She’s now officially a thumb sucker. No pacifiers for this girl, which makes mama’s life so much easier.

photo 4 (7)

All in all, it was such a sweet, blessed Christmas. Having Zoya with us just makes everything so precious and complete.

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand what people have against exclamation points in writing. I feel like I talk in exclamation points, and I write like a talk!! You exclaim away!!! With those three girls, so much worth exclaiming, not just saying. boring. I wonder why so many people want to be so boring with their writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews