"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Saturday, January 10, 2015

2015 Resolutions

I won’t do a recap of 2014 because it was pretty much the year of ZOYA! We are so in love with her and she is so perfect for us and us for her. I am so thankful God sent this little chubby, bedimpled surprise to us. We wanted to be pregnant in December of 2014, not December of 2013, and sometimes I’m still shocked that she’s here, but she is a reward for sure. Even though I’m not sure we are done adding children to our family, having Zoya brings me such a feeling of completeness. I always wanted three kids, and now I have them. It’s a dream fulfilled, and I am savoring every moment. Last year had some very hard moments for sure, but I love where my family is right now!

IMG_6259

  • My bible verse theme for the year is John 3:30 “He must become greater; I must become less.” God is opening my heart in so many ways, but I know that I have far, far to go. I am doing the “My Utmost for his Highest” devotional this year and the statement below is what I have been clinging too. It’s true, it doesn’t matter how far we have come, we didn’t do it on our own, and we can’t get any farther without total dependence on our Lord.

“No matter what changes God has wrought in you, never rely upon them, build only on a Person, the Lord Jesus Christ, and on the Spirit He gives.”

  • To get my health and life after my hypothyroidism diagnosis figured out. This was last year’s resolution, but I didn’t know I was pregnant with Zoya at the time, and it was majorly derailed by my pregnancy. I’ve started reading my biography, “Feeling Fat, Fuzzy or Frazzled?” to find a solution to fixing my adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism. I’ve also started eating paleo (no grains, legumes, sugars, or processed foods), which many people claim have helped with their thyroid disease symptoms. So far it has!
  • To complete the Whole30 challenge. I’m on day 7, and so far I feel great! I hope it helps me drop these last stubborn baby weight pounds I’ve been carrying, but mostly I just want energy to keep up with my kids! Nick is doing it with me. He’s been eating basically paleo since November 1, and has lost 16 lbs. I cheated a bit over the holidays and gained back the 4 lbs I lost when I was being strict in November (sigh), Nick cheated too, but he kept on losing...
  • To get a housekeeper. Nick’s says that’s not a resolution. I don’t care. I gave cleaning my house with three kids and cooking 100% no processed foods from scratch the old college try, and it’s not working. And the laundry! I cannot keep living this way. (Nick’s says I can because I have been living this way, but I cannot.)
  • To attend an exercise class, but this hinges on getting a housekeeper. My best cleaning times are also when I would have to attend an exercise class.
  • To refinish our kitchen cabinets. I think we can really do it! We’ve been experimenting with colors to determine which we like the best.
  • Just enjoy my blessed family. I love Nick, Isla, Gemma and Zoya with all my heart and I am so thankful for them! I want them to see,feel and know how much I love them every day.

That’s it y’all. I’m really looking forward to 2015!

3 comments:

  1. I've been considering the whole 30... tell me more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do a post on it. Its probably going to be a Whole28 this time because I have a trip to NC planned, but I want to redo it when I get back!

      Delete
  2. I love you sweet Wanns! And I have to agree with you, well maybe with both you and Nick . . . it's not that with three kids, and cooking all your meals (whole and/or paleo) you NEED a housekeeper, is just that to do that, take care of your kids and keep your sanity, cleaning is going to be a pretty low priority, so if you want it done . . . housekeeper! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews