"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday Tidbits

I have some serious posts that I want to get out, but right now I just need to download because I have had some serious brain fog the past few days.

  • Yesterday Isla ran away from me in a parking lot and got seriously close to being hit by a car and I totally lost my cool on her. I was scared but it was not cool to yell at a small child like that. Afterwards, Nick and I had a serious discussion on punishment vs. discipline and also from that discussion, we decided to make a family mission statement. You can read more about making one for your family HERE. We have a date night planned to really work on it.
  • By the way, I love Focus on the Family’s chart on Discipline Vs. Punishment and I though I would share… always a good reminder. Yesterday I think I hit every single one on the punishment list. I really want to be a better mommy than that.punishment-versus-discipline-chart
  • Isla has been begging me to let her and Gemma paint and yesterday I finally gave in… it was chaos.photo 2 (1)photo 3 (1)photo 4 (1)
  • At the time I was wondering what I was thinking, but after reviewing these pictures, I’d say it was completely worth it! How I wish I were better at enjoying the moment in the moment instead of stressing over keeping little paint covered hands off of Zoya!photo 1photo 2
  • This past Saturday, we went to the I-20 Wildlife Preserve & Jenna Welch (Laura Bush’s mom) Nature Study Center for a long walk. It was so much fun!photo 1 (3)photo 2 (2)photo 3 (2)
  • But also exhausting for one little girl. She didn’t even fight it when I put her in, she knew just what to do and stayed there until I put her in the car to go home! Smilephoto 4 (3)
  • For some reason the universe keeps pointing me in the direction of the blog, 100 Days of Real food. I hate it when people say no excuses, but I just have to say it… MAKE THE HOMEMADE LARABARS! No excuses. It takes 5 minutes and they are so delicious and healthy! We are all digging them.
  • Also for dinner the other night I made the crock pot chicken and then from that I made the chicken stock overnight. Both were so easy and healthy and CHEAP. I cannot tell you how happy I am over this frozen broth in my freezer! I stored them in 2 and 1 cup containers and also ice cube sized.photo 3
  • I switched up Isla’s school schedule so that she stays until 4 PM. You have the options to take your child home at 12, 2 and 4. Most people do 2, but it completely messes with Gemma’s nap schedule so at first I did the 12 option. It was a lot for me to unload and load up Gemma and Zoya, and also a lot for them over such a short period, plus any errands we needed to run. This is a win-win for everyone. It’s easier for me, I can take a nap with Gemma and Zoya, and I don’t have to fight Isla during quiet time. Plus it’s easier to get things done with 2 kids versus 3. And Isla is SO HAPPY to spend more time in school. She loves school more than any kid I have ever known, and loves being there longer, especially since she gets an extra recess in place of quiet time Smile. This is her when I picked her up today. I sure love this cutie pie. She really is such a sweetheart and tries so hard to be good.photo 5
  • This little punkin’ is going to be 4 weeks tomorrow! I really need to do a little post on her, but she is our fussiest, hardest baby yet. She definitely has a temper! Smile photo 4
  • But we adore her so much. How blessed we are to get to shepherd her and help her grow!photo 1 (1)
  • And her sisters really do adore her! (I would love to get a non-blurry picture of my toddler one of these days)photo
  • I just found this one on my phone… how cute are my girls?photo (2)
  • After being pregnant and nursing for over two years, I am ready for a wardrobe update. I haven’t bought anything non maternity since before I became pregnant with Gemma and no new shoes.  I am really ready to get my body back and feel cute again.  I treated myself to these new winter boots and I am obsessed with them! Wholesale-UGG-Classic-Cardy-5819-Grey_3
  • Also, my favorite jeans ripped this spring because I wore them to death. They were J brand, which are super expensive and out of my price range at full price. I had bought them on sale (50% off) and I had worn them to death over the past 3 years. I despaired of ever replacing them because they are so pricey, but they were on sale on Gilt for MORE than 50% off and only $89! Amazing.  I would never pay full price for those jeans, but since I wear them every single day, cost per wear is not too bad. I AM SO EXCITED! Now I just have to get back down weight wise into them.
  • Pregnancy weight loss is going well. I ended up gaining 39 lbs (yes, you read that right). However, its coming off pretty easily, I think that a lot of that was water weight, and I have now lost almost 30 lbs and I feel confident that I can lose the extra 9 over the next two months or so with breastfeeding and mild diet and exercise. I really need to keep a watch on my hypothyroidism though.
  • I cannot wait for date night with Nick this weekend! His parents will be watching the girls. We have always been really careful about spending time together, but now with 3 kids, I think we really need to make date nights more of a priority. I finally became serious and I have the names of 3 babysitters so that we can do this at least once monthly, and not just when the parents are in town.
  • And on a more glamorous note, I am off to scrub my toilets! Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews