"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Thursday, September 11, 2014

So Close…

I am down to less than 36 hours until my c-section. I really have been meaning to blog more this past week, but I have been so busy getting ready. It’s amazing how much energy I had once I kicked the various illnesses that I have had the past several weeks, and also how many last minute projects I had to take on that had been let go while I wasn’t feeling up for them. But I do wish that I had had a chance to blog more and finish my home tour and share on my girls before they became big sisters and where they are in their development and maybe even write a bit more on c-section preparedness.

Never before in my life have I felt so covered in prayer. Both prayers for the birth and prayers for a difficult family situation that has made these later days of the pregnancy so stressful. I have had such peace around the coming weeks and the c-section. This morning however, was a different story. I woke up and I just felt so overwhelmed and well, scared and worried about the surgery, worried about Gemma being so young and needy, worried about how gross my house was about to get, and what felt like 1 million other things. I didn’t even know where to begin to pray or what to ask for!

Thankfully a friend’s blog reminded me of a Bible verse that was exactly what I needed to hear today (also click on the link to learn about invisible illnesses and my very brave, strong friend’s journey in dealing with hers).

"In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:26-28

I asked the spirit to intercede and I am feeling much better. In the past week my house has been cleaned, my hair has been done, freezer meals prepared, snacks bought, Big Sister Day items gotten ready, got everything sorted out for the cord blood banking, was able to attend Book Club (yay!), spend a lot of time with my big girls and get them to and from their things, tons of last minute things picked up, visited with friends and shared meals with other new moms, gotten laundry done (and done and done) and many other things I’m forgetting because it’s after midnight and I’m tired. Sure I cut a few corners on cleaning (ignore the spots on my mirrors), I need to contact insurance about the new breast pump they will supposedly provide me with, and my toes desperately need a pedicure, but it’s ok. I’m happy with the state of things heading into this birth.

Tomorrow, I have to head to the Doctor to get some preop bloodwork done and get my paperwork all together, get Isla to preschool, purchase her a booster seat because she’s a 40 lbs now, get Big Sister Day items set up, buy a birthday gift for a kid’s party Isla is going to, get her to dance, spend time with my for now baby Gemma, and I’ll probably forget many of those things in addition to things that I have already forgotten. My in laws are coming which I am so excited about, and we will have a nice last meal at my favorite Asian food place here (it’s in the mall food court because I am classy like that). My girls will be in the best possible hands with their grandparents! I don’t worry for a second about Isla, but Gemma is so little to be away from Mama for even one night, let alone up to three! But it’s going to be a great day.

Because the next day… we get to meet our newest treasure! I can’t wait.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I am counting the days... strike that... hours!! Praying for a safe, healthy delivery and for your sweet family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay and prayers over all of you!! Love you and I can't wait to meet the newest princess, and the big sisters!! I love their underwater pics, what big sisters they are indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you! These are the days we remember forever!

    Sue H.

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews