"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Preschool, Swim and Dance!

Today was Isla’s first day of preschool! I thought about posting her picture to Facebook, but it seemed a little anticlimactic since everyone did the whole back to school picture thing weeks ago… so instead, I am just posting them here.

Love this little cheese ball!

006

She’s so cute it makes my heart ache sometimes, the thought that the Facebook world NEEDS to see this is running through my head right now… resisting… the urge… to showboat the… cutest kid ever.

I dressed up both my girls in Aggie gear this morning and it was quite the chore getting pictures of them both together! I’ll spare you the progression of pictures, but they are pretty funny and cute (if you’re anyone but Gemma). Isla takes her responsibilities as big sister seriously, even if the request was directed towards Gemma and not her. Sigh. She is so rough no matter how much I work with her, but it’s toughened up Gemma so that’s probably a good thing.

Here’s a couple of outtakes…030034037

This was the best I managed to get! Not exactly the holy grail of family photos… Smile

052

Isla of course did great at drop off and it helped that her seat was right across from her best friend Blake! She barely said good bye.

photo (46)

I meant to do a little preschool questionnaire, but I just forgot… however I have been asking her what she wants to be when she grows up and I inevitably get one of two answers.

  1. I am just going to be myself!
  2. I don’t want to grow up. I want to stay a little girl forever.

Both perfectly acceptable answers for a 4 year old. I feel like I am doing something right because I want her to enjoy her childhood and I want her to be comfortable just being herself.

In the words of Soren Kierkegaard…

“Now, with God’s help, I shall become myself!”

A wonderful goal for any person.

Gemma and Isla started swim lessons yesterday too! Isla got right back into the swing of things. Gemma cried a lot, which is to be expected however she LOVES to swim and is pretty fearless and that was apparent to her Coach and she was very cooperative, even through the tears. I could also tell she liked her instructor, she just wasn’t sure about being in the water without Mama (she is a total mama’s girl) and also the other toddlers in her class cried a lot. I feel bad because I barely watched Isla, but it was so interesting to see how Gemma handled her first non parent-and-me swim lesson. Even with the crying, I was so proud of her. She is going to be a great swimmer! None of my pictures are very good.

IMG_4287IMG_4275

The above picture is the instructor teaching Gemma how to roll over to float and sing a song if she is scared. That’s a skill that could save her life one day, even though it looks like she is being tortured!

I did get a few blurry, blurry pics of Isla. Dork. I have no idea what she was doing here. Love her. Love her. Love her.

IMG_4281

And Isla started dance lessons today! I only got one picture of the back of her, doing her very vigorous shuffle taps Smile. She is going to love ballet and tap. One of her little friends from preschool last year, whose mom I am also friends with has lessons right after Isla. I am hoping that she can get into Isla’s class on the wait-list so that my friend and I can chat. As it is, it’s nice to run into her coming and going.

photo (47)

Life is good right now! These years with littles really are the best ones. Smile

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yay! and you should post those pics to FB, a) the girls are too super cute, and precious in their Aggie gear. b) I Love, love love first day pics, so the early ones and the later ones are fun!!! Yay swimming lessons, way to go Isla and Gemma!! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews