"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Some New Baby Prep Things

Less than 3 weeks… and I am ready, ready.  There’s nothing like 6+ pounds of baby simultaneously head butting you in the bladder and kicking you in the lungs for hours on end to ruin a good night’s sleep! That has been every night for me the past week, so needless to say… I’m run down and ready for my baby girl to come out. I’m only just passed 36 weeks, I do not know how some women go all the way to 42 weeks. I couldn’t imagine another 6 weeks of this!!! No matter how easy the pregnancy, by the end, you’re just miserable.

Also, this baby is looking to get to over 7 lbs, closer to 8 like Isla… I know it’s not that big, but it’s just not fair. I’m only 5 feet tall! I have a friend who is 6 feet tall and she had a 6 lb, 5 oz baby… now why couldn’t we have switched? Ok, I’ll stop whining Smile, but I just feel like my babies are big disproportionate to my body. I have no room to breath half the time!

Anyway, this past weekend, we had our last set of friends over for dinner and made a quick trip to Lubbock to visit our friend Heather, and then we will probably not be going anywhere or entertaining until a while after Baby Shaka comes. We are in lock-down Baby Prep mode.

The girls’ matching shirts came in today, along with Big Sister gifts! We aren’t having the big girls give Baby Shaka anything, but they will get presents, a banner, and a cake for becoming Big Sisters! This is mostly for Isla, because Gemma is a little clueless, but Isla has been SO EXCITED about the new baby and becoming a big sister again, and she loves to kiss my belly. For the first time today, Gemma started touching my belly like… “hrmmm, something is not quite right here.”

photo 2 (22)

I ordered the shirts from AddiesKakesKreations, the same Etsy store that made Isla’s birthday shirt. And I also have cute little Texas A&M skirts coming that go with them, but they haven’t arrived yet. I can’t wait to have all of my little Aggie girls together Smile. Notice – still no name for the baby! That’s a different post entirely, but at this point Isla and Gemma weren’t named until after they were born and we have found no reason to break with tradition. We are still taking suggestions!

I’ve been making freezer meals and crock pot freezer meals, and I do think that some friends will bring meals as well!  Crock pot freezer meals are the bomb. If you haven’t tried to make some, you should! I’ve never really been into “crocking”, but I’ve finally gotten the hang of it, and it makes life so much easier.

Nick’s parents are all set to come for the birth so that Nick can stay with me at the hospital, and then Nick will be able to take off at least 2 weeks of vacation to help me get the girls to their activities. He works so close to home that he can also always just step away and take them places if needed without taking off an entire day. I am a little nervous about the first 6 weeks of recovery, especially since Gemma is such a little thing and still needs so much care! But we will be fine.

Tonight we are going to put Gemma into Isla’s room in the pack and play. If it works out, then we may be moving Gemma’s crib into Isla’s room.  Isla is used to coming into our room at night and sleeping in a sleeping bag, but we have been prepping her that she won’t be allowed to do that when the baby comes for a little while.  She seems very understanding, but we asked her if she would feel better not being alone at night. She said yes, and she is excited about Gemma moving in with her. I still feel like Gemma is too little for them to be together, but we will try it out and see. There will be NO room redecorations for as long as possible!

Tomorrow, I hope to do a blog post on our NEW STROLLER! Of course you knew I would have to get one…

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I cannot wait for this precious blessing to get here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to learn about the new stroller. So many fun ones on the market these days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews