"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Friday, July 25, 2014

Summer Fun: Andrew’s Splash Pad

Midland is very, very wealthy town. You would not believe the monster houses here… or how high the cost of living is! Last year it became that nation’s town with the highest income per capita… yesiree folks, fracking has been good to Midland! So with all this wealth… I cannot figure out for the life of me why there is not a single, water-coming-out-of-the-ground splash park in this blazing desert town! Ok its probably because they are using all of said water for fracking… but still, just one, little splash park for the kids to play in… is that too much to ask? I mean seriously, with the taxes I pay!

There is supposedly one splash park in Odessa, but there is no way I am venturing into an Odessa park again (my last adventure brought me just a touch too close to a tattooed, toothless meth head!). A Midland Mommies board on Facebook shared that there was a splash park that recently opened up in Andrews, TX about 45 minutes away, and so my neighbor Dawn and I planned a trip out with our girls. Mondays and Tuesdays have special ages 7 and under hours, which is so nice with smaller kids. I am sure that I am not the only mommy who appreciates being able to go to a park and not have my babes trampled by 12 year olds. I don’t begrudge older children being able to go to parks, but since they rarely seem to look out for the little kids, its nice to be able to let Isla run free without getting knocked around.

Poor, poor Gemma. She has a little skin tag removed at the dermatologist that morning, and so she wasn’t allowed to get in the water at all. I felt so bad for her, but she was really good. We will definitely be going back and then she will be allowed to run and play to her heart’s content! Once again, being the neglected, soon-to-be middle child, I didn’t get a single picture of her, but I promise we love her to bits!

It was a lovely splash park anyway, and the girls had a blast. It also had a big pool with a water slide. Isla really wanted to get into that big pool, but we are not doing big pools right now without Nick. She isn’t allowed to swim with floaties anymore so we don’t ruin what she is learning in her lessons, and she isn’t ready to swim completely unsupervised so until then, we need at least one adult for Isla and one adult for Gemma. I really want to come back with Nick to spend the day sometime.

photo 1 (16)photo 2 (14)photo 3 (11)photo 4 (6)photo 5 (3)

The park closed at noon for an hour, and so we went and ate a picnic lunch at a nearby park before heading home. That was fun too!

My big girl had so much fun! She really is such a sweet girl, and I love it when I can provide her with fun activities that make her so happy. I love my sweet, joyous, fun loving big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews