"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

That’s my daughter, in the water…

Nick has finally been able to take Gemma to her Daddy and Me swim classes! He was out of town last week so I took her, and couldn’t take pictures, and then Monday he was unloading a well (and in total roughneck heaven, I might add) so this was the first time that he could take her. Isla and I tagged along to watch.

I am excited to report that Gemma absolutely loves swimming… as long it is in a heated pool! In our neighborhood pool, which is frigid… not so much! Of course Nick loved getting the chance to play and bond with her, and I am hoping that we can continue her swim lessons next year.

photo 1 (10)photo 3 (8)

Gemma’s favorite part is being moved through the water like a dolphin and also jumping into our arms from the side. I am so excited to have my littlest-for-now doing something that she enjoys!

Isla was happy to watch for about 3 minutes from the waiting room, and then she spent the rest of the time making friends and acting out Frozen for everyone since it was on the TV.

photo 2 (8)

Isla is also doing so well in her swim lesson! I am really proud of her. So far there still have not been any tears, and most of the kids have cried at one point or another. The instructors were not kidding when they warned us about crying! There was one little boy who cried for 3 lessons straight.

Isla is already doing a little bit of independent swimming, and she will only improve with time. I can’t wait for her to be able to swim completely independently. She also loves wearing her goggles and they give her confidence. Today when her coach told her to swim towards him with big arms, she told him “I think that I can do it since I am wearing my goggles.” Such. A. Doll. Baby.

photo 1 (11)photo 2 (9)

I’m so proud of my girls and so thankful that we can provide them with these opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews