"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father’s Day

I frequently skip these types of holidays and also our anniversaries on the blog, but for some reason, being pregnant and super emotional… I just cannot let them go this year without being very sappy. I cried my mascara away at church today over every single Father’s Day thing that they did.

Nick already received his big Father’s Day gift early, but the girls and I surprised him with chocolate croissants in bed (so easy, just buy the tubed croissants, roll up some chocolate, bake it and voila! It’s like being your own French pastry chef) and a little questionnaire about her Daddy that I had Isla fill out. We didn’t do anything special, just went to church and Nick left during quiet time to get the car inspected, but at the end of the day Nick said “This was a pretty good Father’s Day.” He seems so content with us and his life in general. Can I just say without offending anyone? Nick is the best husband and father I have ever known! You know all those parenting books I read… almost every single suggestion I think… oh wait, Nick already does that!

Nick Wann. Thank you.

  • Thank you for being such a present, involved and helpful Dad. I love the relationship that you have with our girls and I think every girl should be so lucky to have a father like you!
  • Thank you for just being so fun and lighthearted! I love that about you.
  • Thank you for believing and living out your belief that the labels working dad or stay-at-home mom don’t define your involvement in the lives of our children. We are BOTH full time parents. Our children have a full time dad and a full time mom.
  • Thank you for working so hard every day and then coming home and pouring yourself into us, enjoying your children and loving me and listening to me vent about my day.
  • Thank you for being so consistent in wanting to come home everyday and coming home with such a consistently happy, cheerful demeanor, no matter what type of day you’ve had at work. I wish I could say that you were always greeted by a happy, cheerful wife and kids… but you aren’t, and you still seem to look forward to coming home to us!
  • Thank you for believing in me and supporting me in my stay-at-home mothering, even though I consistently feel like I am not very good and that I was actually much better at the job I had outside the home for pay!
  • Thank you for never complaining that the house is messy, when dinner is bad or I don’t know what dinner will be when you get home, or you trip over toys or I ask you to help me clean because it always seems to get away from just me!
  • Thank you for being a man who loves the Lord and believes in his role as the head of our family. God gave you strong shoulders to carry the heavy burden of leading and protecting your family, and you don’t resent that role at all or try to hide or run away from it, like so many men these days do.

You are one in a million! Thank you. Also I love your dimples. Smile

IMG_0560

And also thanks to our dads, James Thistlethwaite and Jim Wann! Of course we didn’t appreciate you growing up, but now we know just how lucky we are to have you and thankful for all of the good that you have done in our lives… and that you continue to love and spend time with us and your grandchildren!

Nick, the girls and I are so lucky to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews