"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Summer is officially here!

Yesterday was Isla’s last day of preschool! I am so glad that I decided to enroll her. She has really blossomed and I am so thankful for her teachers that loved her and taught her more about Jesus. As much as I love homeschooling and the idea of homeschooling, I think its just the sweet spot when you have teachers you trust and involved parents working together to help train up a child.

I dressed her and Gemma up in their new little Aggie girl outifts. I think we are going to make this a new family tradition for her first and last days of school! I plan to start begging her early and often… “please baby girl, please don’t ever go to t.u…” And just in case that doesn’t do the trick, hopefully at her high school graduation she will have a long line of school history photos pointing the way she should go!

Oh no, I just checked the photos I took and every single on of them looks like this! Oh well, jokes on me, but we will be recreating this tomorrow. Nick took a photography class and he has really been fiddling with the camera settings… me, I’m an auto girl!

136

We don’t have any big summer plans. Next week Isla will be spending a few days with her Boo and Grandpa and Nick and I will take Gemma to Spokane, Washington for a few days. We have been wanting to go for a while since our church in Russia’s parent church is in Spokane and our friend Julie lives there. Originally we were planning a longer trip in August, but Baby Shaka sort of ruined our plans, and then Nick had a work trip to there so Gemma and I are tagging along.

Other than that, June is our busy Isla activity months! Swim lessons, tap and ballet lessons, and a Frozen themed gymnastics workshop… and then for July and August, nothing!

General plans are:

  • Go to the pool, I went and bought a maternity bathing suit
  • Revisit Balmorhea state park
  • Finish organizing and rearranging the house for Baby Shaka’s arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews