"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Spirit Lead Me…

So, a couple of months ago, I took a little break from Facebook. I just needed some time to pray and disconnect because as I am sure many of you know… Facebook can be a little bit addictive and a complete timewaster. And it was lovely. Unfortunately one of the consequences was that I disconnected from the Reece’s Rainbow community too, which is not always a bad thing. Sometimes you need to step away, and remember that everything is not on your shoulders. There are others who God brings to the table and He is always raising people up!

You see I was so disheartened over the Russia/Ukraine situation. I know that it was sad when Russia shut their doors to American adoptions, but at least Russia had a right to do what they did. No matter how sad it made me, it was their right. Their children, their right.

The Ukraine situation is different. If Russia annexes all of Ukraine, then many of the Ukranian orphans that I have advocated for and fundraised for, will no longer be available for adoption, and Russia has no RIGHT to determine their future. This time I’m not just sad, I’m devastated and also spitting mad. I doubt that this particular consequence is even on Obama’s radar or has even registered with the state department, and probably rightly so. When a sovereign nation is facing a takeover from a superpower, you have bigger fish to fry… like whether or not to go to war. I know that this is a multifaceted issue with some “Ukrainian citizens” claiming that they want to be annexed by Russia, but to me this smells of Putin and I believe that he has driven this movement within Ukraine every step of the way. I was in Russia when Putin was reelected and oh the stories I heard! He lied and stole the election, and has robbed his country of billions of dollars. Why on earth would anyone vote to move under his “governance”?

I still don’t have a lot of clarity around what for Reece’s Rainbow to do or how to do it, but for now, God has put a few things on my heart that I want to share.

First, I had always wanted to “name” a Reece’s Rainbow child, but I always missed the naming sessions or someone else was able to name them first… so finally I just asked Michelle if I could! She was so nice and said yes. I asked if I could name a little girl “Hero”, which is one of my all time favorite girl names. I think its so beautiful and sweet, and the meaning is certainly fitting for these precious children who have so much to overcome.

Here is little lady Hero. She is beautiful and sweet, just like her name.

Hero

Little Hero seemed to be lucky because she very quickly landed on the My Family Found Me Page and I was so overjoyed that the child I named had a family and wouldn’t have to wait very long! But sadly, within 24 hours we learned the little girl that I had named, had passed away during a surgery to repair her heart. She died all alone without a mommy to love her and only the Reece’s Rainbow community to mourn her. I remember when Gemma was in the hospital at 3 weeks old, and how much laying on my chest seemed to comfort her even as little as she was, she knew… how sad that Hero was alone in the end! She must have felt it. Rest in peace little Hero, you may be forgotten by most, but not by me.

You can find Hero on the In Loving Memory page on Reece’s Rainbow. Every single child on that top row had a family coming for them. Every. single. one. Now they are healed and in their true forever homes, but how I wish they had known the love of an earthly mommy and daddy.

Secondly, I need to share about my friend Julia who has SO MUCH on her plate. She is busier than a little baby bee, but for some reason, felt God tapping her on her shoulders… tap, tap, tapping, He had something planned!

 

Julia has been one of the most consistent orphan advocates around, and she fundraises and she yells and she is just a machine. She doesn’t stop!

For the last two years she has a huge fundraiser call the Mulligan Stew, and earlier this year she confided in me that with all of the work she had to do, she didn’t think she had it in her to do another one!

BUT then came the tapping! She couldn’t say no, not when the Lord is the builder and all she has to do is say YES!

Julia felt the Lord calling her to help fundraise $24,000 to help 400 orphans attend a summer camp program in the Ukraine. The money for an additional 200 (600 total) has already been given by another donor. Their world right now has gone mad, not only has there been fighting and disruption in their region, depending on how this Russia/Ukraine situation turns out, many of them may never have a chance at a family.

But they may have this! A chance to be loved on and cared for by a wonderful, trusted, ministry team. This precious team goes to the institute where my friend Julia’s son was adopted from and ministers the Lost Boys there. Precious boys who will probably spend their entire life behind those sad walls and playing in sheds.

The orphans who will be blessed by this are big and little, typical and special needs, each one precious in God’s eyes and worthy.

IMG_5597

Are we not God’s church and are we not called to help the orphans in distress? Helping them does not always mean to work towards their adoption. This is just one way to bless orphans, to help them hear that Good News that someone loves them and to experience care and attention here on this earth!

Click HERE to find out more about the Mulligan Stew and how you can join in helping these little ones have a blessed, fun summer. AND OF COURSE, since Julia is so awesome, she has also arranged for you have a chance to win many cool prizes!

I love that the Lord has reminded me that even if there comes a day that I cannot advocate for the adoption of special needs orphans in the Ukraine, I CAN still care for the least of these. God is always raising people up and opening doors! There is always hope.

“Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior”  ~from Oceans, by Hillsong United

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews