"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Friday, December 20, 2013

The Little Preschooler

Isla is now done with her first official semester of preschool.

And the verdict is… we LOVE it!

I am really glad that we decided to do preschool and having such a sweet teacher and teacher’s helper makes it wonderful. I don’t know how I would feel about putting her in preschool if we didn’t have such great people looking after our girl, but we do.

And Isla loves it! On school mornings, I generally wake her up and as soon as I ask her if she wants to go to school, she pops up because she is so excited. That is so different from how I was, and it just blesses my heart. Even when I was at the top of my class, I hated leaving home.

Nick has never been pro homeschool like me, so he’s really happy with how it turned out too, and he loves that he can come and see her for various school functions as he is able.

One thing I don’t like is that she brings home so much work! I am sort of sentimental so its hard for me to throw things away… but I also don’t know where to put it, I know we probably won’t look at her projects again, but her school work just piles up because I can’t part with it. My friend Melissa shared this awesome app called Artkive on Facebook, and it has a been a lifesaver. We take pictures of all of her work, and then I can throw it away with a clear conscience.

Here are a few highlights -

First day of school!

IMG_0399

Her field trip to the fire station. Nick was able to attend this one Smile.

IMG_2665IMG_0780

The Pumpkin Patch field trip! Neither of us made it to this one… bad parents! Maybe if one of us had been there her hair wouldn’t have been sooo wild.

DSC_0078 (2)DSC_0086 (2)DSC_0110DSC_0065 (2)

The Pumpkin Party at school. I was the chairperson, only because it was the only thing left to sign up for by the time I was able to sign up. I was happy to help… I just didn’t want to organize. In the end I kept it really simple in spite of Pinterest, because they are 3 year olds, and it was a 45 minute pre school party. I read them a story, we did a craft, they ate some food and then at the end we did “Boo Bowling”. It was hard to come up with activites because we weren’t allowed to do scary things… which basically only leaves us with pumpkin things… and decorating pumpkins (sigh). Later I learned that spiders were ok and I saw the preschool’s Director wearing a ghost pin, and so I ran home and got the stuff for “Boo Bowling” ready after I dropped Isla off at school and before the party!

The kids were allowed to dress up in their costumes, but because Isla’s costume left an ocean of glitter wherever she walked, she wore her only other princess dress.

IMG_1225

IMG_1240IMG_1241IMG_1229

Isla’s school did a really big Thanksgiving party with a lunch and all of the classes did a little concert. Nick missed it. He was sad, so were we. Isla was an “Indian”… I thought everyone used the term Native American… but apparently not. That being said, I had ordered her Minnetonka Fringe boots two months before and they just came in the day before the event. It was a happy accident because she wore them the day of concert really looked the part! You can see her in the front row, second from the right. My phone ran out of space so I didn’t get a good up close picture.

The little song she sang went like this “I’m a little Indian on the go! Here is my arrow, here is my bow. When I go out hunting, hear me should ‘THERE’S A BUFFALO, BETTER WATCH OUT!.” That is all we heard in the weeks leading up to the concert…

IMG_1342IMG_1346

Finally we get to Christmas! Isla met Santa at school. Very cute! She ran right up to him, but the teacher said she wouldn’t sit on his lap. Smart girl. Smile

photo (31)

And then yesterday we had her Christmas party! I just had to show up. It was fun. Nick came and we went to Chick-Fil-A afterwards for lunch Smile. Gemma is already breaking mama’s heart and pulling off her bows.photo (5)photo (2)photo (3)photo (4)photo (1)

Its little things like that that make life here so good! I am so thankful for activities and things like this that let Isla blossom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews