"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Download & A Do Over

I don’t know if there are any Office fans out there, but does anyone remember how Pam used to let Michael practice answering the phone once before she would transfer him to his clients??? That’s what I love about social media… yes sometimes people take a screen shot of what you post, but sometimes we get it wrong, we can delete things and then we can have a do over. Everyone deserves that… and to be forgiven 70 times 7.

Anyway, I have been as nervous as a cat with Angel Tree. Literally I am on edge, I can’t concentrate, every 10 seconds I go and refresh it to see if Asher and Prince have moved at all… if any of the kids have moved at all! At this point we need over $100k to get all of the kids to goal and around $400ish to get Asher and Prince to goal so I don’t know if it will happen, but I’m hopeful. At this point I think that I have done almost all that I can do besides a few more blog posts, so I am hopeful that I have planted seeds and they will take root. Ugh, if I can’t even get my two boys to goal, how will I get the rest of them to goal? Stress-o-rama people.

I was going to try to do an Angel Tree advocating blog post and post it to Facebook today, but instead I decided that I just needed to do a good old fashioned blog brain dump to clear my head and destress myself. I do have more to say, hopefully I will get it out Monday!

  • So in the midst of all of Angel Tree stuff, there is this Duck Dynasty stuffy. I won’t even bother to say my stance, but let me just say that I am sick of it all. I don’t want to hear either side. And I don’t just mean that its people who I don’t agree with that I don’t want to hear… NO, even people who I know have the exact same opinion as me… I don’t want to hear it. Just stop. I can’t even take another thing on my Facebook newsfeed without wanting to snap about my orphans wasting away to people who think that that this sort of thing is worth their time. Everyone’s posting Jen Hatmaker and Matt Walsh and Ann Voskamp (not you too dear Ann) or Clay Aiken or whoever… and I wish I could block them every single time. I am just done with it.
  • In lighter news… we are now cloth diapering! I actually really like it. It’s something that I have wanted to try for a while now. Gemma is so cute in them! I think that I picked the worst possible time to try it since we are in a region where water is a very precious resource, but I am reading a book called “The Zero Waste Home” and that has me very motivated to reduce our landfill waste. When Isla was born, my super crunchy left wing friend gave me two Fuzzibunz diapers and a ton of prefolds, but I was always too intimidated to try it. First off, I was intimidated by poop and pee, but two kids into the parenting ordeal, and I have been covered in almost every bodily fluid imaginable so a little bit of baby poo… not such a big deal! Secondly, Gemma is not a sensitive baby to being wet or dry so it doesn’t affect her sleep. Even with all of the supplies that I already had, I still spent about $130 to get snappies, diaper covers, doublers and a few Bum Genius diapers for night time and special occasions where its hard to deal with regular prefolds. Here she in all her reusable diaper glory!photo (10)
  • I just love the girls’ special Christmas dresses that I got them! They aren’t super Christmassy so they can wear them for Nick’s families New Year party and well into the New Year. I love, love, love dressing my girls alike! Two little princesses… dressed alike… in smocking, what on earth made me think I wanted Gemma to be a boy? Or anything other than just our Gemma Smile.086
  • Also, speaking of dressing the girls alike and things I am done with… here they are in their “Christmas Jammies”… I know you’ve seen the video, and now I am unable to say “Let’s get into our Christmas jammies” without thinking (or singing) “#christmasjammies” or “Look at my Christmas jammies…” I thought the video was cute when I watched it, but it was also masterfully plotted out and its stuck in my head! Maybe it will be out of there by next Christmas!?! Probably just in time for the family to release their next card to to the “Getting’ Jiggy With It” tune (which I will not watch!)… Anyway, well done Christmas jammies family, well done. You should get a lot of business from it.075
  • We are going to our local drive in on Monday! Its only $14 for the whole family to go to two movies! It’s the deal of the century.
  • We are finally going to get the guest bedroom bathroom nook together over the Christmas break… that was only one of our summer goals, but if we can get it out and over before the New Year, I will count myself lucky. Nick is home the whole time so that is great. We will hopefully get the last few things done we wanted to do on the house and I will post some pictures finally, six months later! I do think I’ll post some pictures of our Christmas decorations over the next few days.
  • Isla’s current favorite game is to play Mary, Joseph and Herod. She is Mary, I am Joseph, Nick is Herod and there is a baby doll who plays Jesus. She and I run and flee into Egypt and hide while Herod tries to find us… she has so much fun.
  • We decided that we would not travel anywhere during December, which of course hasn’t happened. I attended my Aunt’s funeral with Gemma (of course) and then we are going to the Wann family get together between Christmas and New Year… but still, we were gone every single weekend in November and aren’t traveling until after Christmas so we reduced our travel somewhat. That does so much for our stress levels! The girls and I have just been enjoying our Christmas season. Making hot chocolate, baking cookies, playing and having fun. This is the way to do it! I think we may make this a rule from here on out. “No Traveling in December!”
  • Nick’s mom and dad came last weekend to exchange gifts! We had a blast… I like this angle… making people come to you! Anyway, they loved their gifs, which made me so happy. Almost all of the gifts that I bought people this Christmas were through adoption related fundraisers Smile. We love Nick’s parents and as usual everyone of us was spoiled! I got a Chi professional blow dryer and I absolutely love it. Isla got a little mechanical kitty cat (huge hit) and Gemma received some Neo Tobbles and a super cute walker, among other things. 057060015052050022011
  • Oh oh oh! I am finally reading “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens and I can’t believe that I have never read it before! It is so good. Put it on your must read list. I bought a kiddie version to read with Isla and I want to make reading the regular one a Christmas tradition once she gets older.
  • I think we have found a church! Midland Bible Church… we will look into joining it in the New Year Smile.
  • I think that’s it for random stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews