"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Busy Mama and Sweet Shari

 

Nick and Isla are at his parent’s house while he works on his truck and Isla gets some Boo and Grandpa time!

I am supposed to be cleaning my house.

I am supposed to be planning 12 weeks worth of meals.

I am supposed to be organizing our crazy closets.

I am supposed to be putting away Christmas decorations.

I am supposed to be blogging about our family’s Christmas.

Instead, here I am, totally glued to Reece’s Rainbow’s Angel Tree! I keep getting up from the my computer, only to come and sit down minutes later and refresh, refresh, refresh… Smile. I cannot write anyone or focus on anything else. Its quite addicting.

It has been quite the challenging season.

I signed up for two boys, and with God’s help and the help of all of my precious friends, we made it to goal and then some!

I don’t know who donated to them unless you forwarded your receipt to me, but THANK YOU, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

First of all, it is the BIGGEST Angel Tree yet with about 30 more kids than we usually have!

Since we no longer have the Russia babes, we just didn’t want to leave anyone behind.

And we have had many challenges.

First we had a challenge to get all of the kids to $100 and the Grand Prize on the All Angels Giveaway would be doubled! We did it!

Then we had another challenge… if we bumped half of the 110 kids up to $500 then an anonymous donor would bump the other half to $500! (I know who the anonymous donor is… I’ll totally tell you if you want to know!) We pulled off that one too! You can read about it HERE.

And here we have one final bump challenge!

We need to get the TOP NINETEEN Angel Tree babes over the $1000 wall, and an anonymous donor will bump the BOTTOM NINETEEN Angel Tree babes. That’s only $3600 to raise $10000!

The only catch… we have to start with precious Shari! She’s such a sweet little baby, I don’t mind at all Smile.

Shari (2)

From there on out, we can bump one Angel Tree child at a time over, starting at the top and the donor will help from the bottom up!

I am nervous. This has been a tough season, and everyone is feeling tapped out. I know I am. I don’t know how much more we can give… a part of me thinks its impossible!

And it is impossible for just me… but with God all things are possible. We cannot do it on our own, but perhaps with some help from a God who loves the orphans and who loves to come through, we can do it through him who gives us strength! The amount needed to get ALL of the kids to $1000 is NOTHING for him.

I love these challenges! I am sure all of my Facebook friends get tired of seeing of my Angel Tree posts… and I am sure that all of the Tweeters out there get tired of it too. But I love seeing each on of the kids faces come up. One at a time, their stories are shared! We do it for the love of these kids!

Stop on by the Angel Tree and help us bump the TOP NINETEEN kids over $1000, starting with Shari!

Don’t miss out on the fun!

Click HERE to access the Reece’s Rainbow Angel Tree and give to the child at the very top of the tree!

And then we still have tomorrow to get the rest of them to $1000!

Maybe then I can get some things done…Smile

UPDATE: SHARI IS OVER! We are half way there! We only need to bump EIGHT more!

UPDATE: Another anonymous donor has promised to bump an additional bottom THIRTY if we can get the other top THIRTY over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews