"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Little Prince

We are back after one short weekend getaway that was followed by one longish vacation and we are almost now 3 weeks into Angel Tree and I have not set up the donation boxes for my two boys…

Yes, I said TWO boys.

We got to end of the sign up period for Angel Tree and there were a few children left. I just hated the thought of someone being left behind. HATED it. The $1000 that I have committed to raising is so important. That may be just the seed money to their grant fund that might encourage a family to step forward.

But being an Angel Tree warrior is so much more important than fundraising. It about shouting for these children and letting the world know that they do exist. These are human beings living in horrible conditions.  Who knows how much impact having one person sharing about you, loving your from afar and praying over your picture can have? Does it help? I think so, and I know God listens to prayers. Even if I cannot fundraise $2000 for them, I can at least care about them and share about them.

But my new Angel Tree baby – his name is Prince… doesn’t have a picture!  Oh my, my job to fundraise for him is not going to be easy. Reece’s Rainbow does not have a picture for him, and they will not until they get a serious inquiry. So all he will have is my pitiful yelling and begging and sharing about the conditions that special needs orphans live in to to raise money for him to get him to his $1000 goal… but beyond that, how will anyone SEE him if they cannot SEE him?

I would love prayers for my Little Prince if you please.

Anyway, I am recommitting to blogging again. I mean it this time.Winking smile And you will be hearing more about my fundraising efforts over the coming weeks as well as hearing more about my boys and getting the opportunity to donate to their grant account. You know that no amount is too small. Not even $1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews