"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Friday, September 27, 2013

I’m a book critic…

Ok, not really.

BUT, my friend Janie has book/media reviewing blog called Lector’s Books. She also offers her proofreading services if there are any writers out there who are interested. She is an old friend from high school and one of those people that I feel so lucky to be friends with. I mean I really think “I CANNOT believe this girl likes me so much.” She is sooooo smart, she was a math and economics major in college but those were her WORST subjects, and she was still better at them than 99% of the world. Her SAT scores were ridiculous. And she’s so funny.  Really funny – kind, witty funny – not the mean, sarcastic funny that passes for humor these days. I have been enjoying her blog so much these past few months – I get so excited whenever she post something new.

Anyway, she asked me if I wanted do a guest post on her blog. I’ve always been a reader too, and we always bonded over books, especially science fiction/fantasy books. She’s the girl who introduced me to the Dune Series by Frank Herbert, a genre classic and one of my favorite series that I have read over and over. In turn, I introduced her to the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan that we wasted countless hours reading – hours that we will never get back (and she’s still friends with me so add forgiving to that list above because those books suck).

So far I have only managed to write one post for her while she is away on vacation. It was really hard – I haven’t had an English class or written about fiction since I was a junior in high school… that’s my way of begging you to please be kind. I also started small with one of Isla’s and mine favorite children’s books since Janie reviews all age levels. I am working my way up to a rebuttal to her eviscerating review of the Song of Ice and Fire series… that will come in time.

Anyway, if you don’t have anything better to do and/or you are looking for some new and adorable books to read to your kids, take a few minutes to stop by Lector’s Books and read my review of I Lost My Kisses by Trudie Trewin!

You can find my review HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews