"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Midland Summer Plans

  • I will NOT wear makeup during the week days.  Won’t do it.  Its summer in Texas.  It will be hotter than hades. There is simply no point.
  • I hope to paint Isla’s room, Gemma’s room, the sink niche in the guest room, and the master bedroom.
  • I want to go to the library.  A LOT.  Oh I cannot wait to be near a library with a lot of English books! Books, books, books, books, books!!!!!
  • We will be hanging out by the pool almost every morning.
  • We will take at least one mini road trip to a West Texas destination, I’m thinking Balmorhea State Park...
  • We will start working on reducing coca cola consumption to 1x per week, chocolate and/or sweets to 1x per day, and focus on eating light-to-heavy during the day and get meat dishes down to 3x per week.  This will happen gradually…
  • I want to figure out swim lessons for the girls and get them enrolled.
  • I want to start connecting to the Reece’s Rainbow community in Midland to figure how I can help and get involved – there have been FOUR adoptions through RR Smile; I actually met my first RR former orphan during our house hunting trip – it was amazing!!!!  I am also hoping to get Isla involved too. She would be the cutest little advocate.
  • I can’t wait to hang out with Nick and mines parents!
  • I can’t wait to have my nephew come and visit!  We are going to have fun.
  • I want to focus on reading more for pleasure, and not just parenting/religious books… although I do get pleasure out of those, I guess what I really mean is return to my first love – fiction.
  • Get the reading niche in the great room figured out.
  • Get Isla’s reading tower updated and the stairs and railings repaired and up to code.
  • FIND A CHURCH!
  • Focus on cutting down all TV viewing, but especially Isla’s.  Preferably get it down to not at all for her other than family movie night, but we will see…
  • Oh and start a family movie night!

My summer officially begins in 11 days when we close on our new house… I am so excited!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Your plans sound great. I say wear no make up at all, says the woman who hasn't really bought make up since her wedding, so I am biased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... after an international move and caring for a newborn and a toddler, my goals would be:

    1. Wake up.
    2. Keep everyone alive.
    3. Sleep.

    You've got more gumption than me, girl! All the best in this new chapter of life!

    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth - we will be in complete survival mode the first several weeks! Thankfully we have amazing parents who will help us so we won't have to do it all alone.

    Meg - I don't think the world is ready for me to give up make up full time...

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews