"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Locked In

Phewwwww!!! We are done with negotiations on the house including inspection and seller required repairs, so barring a catastrophe, we should be able to close on our house on July 1st.  Now I feel like I can show you a little bit more of the house…

Here’s a peek at Isla’s room.

Bedroom 1

Oh but here’s the best part of Isla’s room…

Loft 1Loft 2Loft 3

She’s going to have so much fun up there in her reading loft.

And my favorite part of the house…

Laundry 1Laundry 2

My dreamy laundry room.  Not too shabby considering that this has been my laundry room (and master bath and Isla’s bath) the past two years…

photo (20)

photo (19)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m sad to go, but excited about new beginnings in Midland, and especially our house!  There are little things that keep popping up about it that I realize that I have always wanted in a house that feel like sweet little presents from above.  They were not on my must-have list – which is the short list of criteria we used – so I wasn’t looking for them, and now I realize this house has them!

Right now, I’m trying to clean out and give away whatever I can.  I doing the “cook what’s in your pantry” exercise and it is really a fun challenge.  I wish that I had done it sooner.

I am also getting started on inventorying our house and spending as many precious minutes with friends as I possibly can.  We leave Russia at the end of June.  I almost can’t believe it.

4 comments:

  1. That room is adorable!! And don't even get me started on that amazing laundry room! Our bathroom/ laundry room/etc. looks like is is at least 1/3 the size of yours!! HA!

    I am so happy for this new chapter for yall. But, for some weird reason I feel like I'm losing a neighbor! :-(

    Praying for a smooth transition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! That loft looks so fun.

    I love cooking from the pantry--necessity is the mother of all invention! I love how creative it forces me to be.

    I hope that your transition is smooth and your goodbyes as joyful as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DREAM laundry room indeed! Congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth - I feel the same way. I so want to return to Istanbul to see you and now I don't know when that will happen.

    Meg - I know! I am going to try to do this every six months from here on out.

    Adrienne - Thank you ma'am... it almost makes up for not getting to return our beloved home city... almost :).

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews