It’s the return of the Tuesday Tidbits! Its been a while, but today was one of those Mommy-needs-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-for-dinner days, and so I am taking some ME-TIME to do one of my favorite things – blog! I had big plans to be productive after the girls were in bed, but I am doing this just because I want to, and then I am going to bed!
- So, its looking like this little cutie may have inherited her daddy’s dimples. I am a little bit giddy about this… just a little. <BIG GIANT MOMMY GRIN>
- Also, little Dimples slept an 8 hour stretch last night . It is ok to hate me… that’s just ridiculous for a five week old.
- Today was my first day flying solo with both girls. I dropped Isla off at MDO, and took Gemma to the Doctor. Then I picked up Isla with Gemma in tow and attempted my first errand at the post office. I completed my task successfully, and I am feeling quite brave and keen to do something else with both of them!
- I finally ordered what I thought would be the perfect double stroller for our family, the Joovy Caboose Ultralight… it came in the other day and I had been itching to try it out.
- I tested it at the Post Office, and it turns out that at Isla’s age, I should have consulted my little rider because this pretty much sums up her reaction to it…
- Smart girl, she knows when she is getting the short end of the stick! Apparently she wants a full seat with a full recline. I am going to try to get her on board with this one, but if it doesn’t work, I may be in the market for yet another stroller. As much as I love strollers, I am not happy about this… it is getting embarrassing the number of strollers I have. I could sell some, but I have a hard time letting them go… I love them.
- OMGoodness, Isla was horrible today! She was so bad – happy and smiley but BAD. Except she wasn’t really happy . Bless her heart, she is missing her daddy and asks about him constantly. She is just acting out. One thing that I absolutely feel very passionate about is limiting her time away from Nick. We have never had to do more than 3 weeks apart while overseas, but even that length is too long. That is one thing I will not miss about being an expat!
- During Nick’s job transition he had the option of two very good positions that involved either a lot of travel (25%+) or were rotational (14 and 14). We passed on them and now I am confident that we made the right decision – these girls need their daddy. Midland was the right choice.
- Oh man, speaking of Midland, I am getting so depressed about house hunting. They are in the middle of a housing bubble. Its an oil boom town so prices rise and fall with the price of oil. I looked at house I liked that sold in August of 2012, it has just been relisted at $43,000 higher than it JUST SOLD 7 months ago!!! We are always a day late and a dollar short. And I just know the bubble will burst just when it comes time for us to move again… I do not want to lose money on another house like we did in Covington. We work too hard for that.
- Isla experienced her first Texas thunderstorm today. She said is scared her and asked me to turn it off… bless her heart, I told her I’d try and it seemed to really comfort her. Of course it started up right at bedtime so it took her forever to fall asleep, this after a day of being rotten and also fighting her nap – she is the Evander Holyfield of nap fighting. Me thinks we are in for another tough day tomorrow .
- I love saying “my girls” and “the girls”. I always thought that if I had all of one gender, it would be all boys. I am still a little bit stunned that I have TWO GIRLS! Of course we aren’t done yet, but I absolutely love having two adorable girlies. They make me so happy.
- And now as a mother of girls, I feel like I need to really figure out how to do hair. I hate doing hair. I always wear my “wild and wooly” hair back or up. Every attempt to figure out how to style it in the past has lasted about 10 minutes before I got bored and went off to read a book. But for Isla and Gemma’s sake, I am making an honest effort.
- My two attempts at doing Isla’s hair have been embarrassing and only made it look worse. Basically at this point I am begging for anyone to direct me towards some hair styling resources, like a good website or something. If a woman’s hair is her glory, then I want to make sure that my girls can at least wear their hair down without shame.
- Also, I think that’s why I am so obsessed with bows on babies. It’s a pretty hair accessory and so adorable, and best of all, easy. I am so frustrated with myself for leaving most of my bows in Russia. I was so convinced Gemma was a boy!
- I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Its helping me lose the baby weight faster, but it is also making me even more scatterbrained. Just what I needed.
- Do I use too many exclamation points when I blog?
Okey dokey, this tired, scatterbrained, discombobulated mom is going to bed. God bless and good night!