"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Friday, January 18, 2013

Last Update on Two Baby and Prayer Requests

So I have another prayer request that I would like to share later, and its so much more important than this one so I am sharing it second.  That way it will be on top on the blog!

Truthfully I hadn’t even planned on asking for prayer requests for myself until Monday, but we had some changes last night.  They are probably minor and no big deal, but definitely being 33/34 weeks pregnant in a different city that’s a two hour flight away from my OB Doctor that is a 13 hour flight away from the city where I will deliver has me a little paranoid. Selfishly, I covet your prayers this morning.

Other than the heartburn, most of this pregnancy has been pretty easy.  In fact our company Doctor in Novo came by yesterday to deliver some probiotics that the Doctor in Moscow had recommended for me, I told her I didn’t even feel pregnant! I even had plans to go bowling this afternoon.

Yesterday was not even a strenuous day for me.  I picked up the house and did laundry and that was it.  Starting yesterday afternoon I started to have a fairly strong back pain/ache in my lower back that extended down all the way to my feet.  I haven’t had any back pain this pregnancy, and since I hadn’t done anything strenuous I was surprised by it.  I was even more surprised when it stuck around to today.  Last night it was so uncomfortable that I had to get up and take a warm bath to make it feel better, and today it feels a little worse.

I made the mistake of Googling my symptoms, not just regular back pains, but sustained back pains and they were the first sign of preterm labor! How did I freak myself out before Google???

Needless to say, I called our company Doctor this morning, who is here in Novo to tell her about it, and she called my Doctor in Moscow.  Thankfully she doesn’t think that it is anything to do with early labor – just the baby moving into just the right position to make me very uncomfortable.  But still, the pain has gotten worse as the day has gone on; starts in my lower back and goes all the way down to my feet.  My head hurts too, but that could just be from lack of sleep last night.  Wresting with my active, strong, lately-naughty toddler hasn’t helped much either.  I don’t know what it is about her, but she does not listen – she just smiles and does whatever the heck she wants!  And its not funny, especially not to me right now. I’ve never felt more helpless as a parent; I feel like she’s out of control.

So with everything going on, I decided to get my requests out there early.  I hope you will understand. Please pray for me in the following:

TRAVEL PRAYER REQUESTS

  • That this pain in my back subsides, especially for the traveling part of the trip.  This could make holding/lifting Isla and/or sitting for long periods of time very uncomfortable.
  • That nothing prevents me from traveling next Thursday.  My Doctor’s clearance in Moscow checks out and I make it on the plane without trouble – that includes navigating the WORST AIRPORT EVER – Domodedovo.
  • That Isla would behave on the plane and that I can quickly meet her needs and keep her entertained without getting too exhausted myself.  Because we leave early in the morning, she doesn’t really sleep much since its during her day time, so its 12.5 to 13.5 hours of keeping her busy in a confined space. Fun.
  • I’ll just throw in here that Isla would sleep for longer than usual!
  • That Singapore Air does not forget to bring my stroller to the gate in Houston.  Its have 2 out of 4 times I’ve traveled and both times it resulted in me having to wait with my cranky/tired toddler for over 30 minutes while they figured out their mistake and brought it back from baggage claim.  Bush Intercontinental is way too huge to carry or walk through with Isla as jetlagged as she is… not to mention keeping her still during passport control.
  • That we would get in a good line in passport control.  Some lines goes fast – some lines go slow!  I need a fast one.
  • That someone would help me with my bags in baggage claim.
  • That I find my parents quickly when we get out.  Normally my mom is waiting for me, but with her broken foot, I will just have to wait outside until my parents drive around at the right time – which could take a while.  The airport won’t let you park and wait.
  • Oh and maybe that I don’t go into labor on the plane – that’s the top one.

We have had some great news!  First, Nick will be with me in Moscow and will see me to the airport, which is HUGE.  We thought he might not be able to make it.  Secondly, one of Nick’s colleagues who I know and like very much will be on the same plane – even better, he really likes Isla!  He will be in business class and I will be in economy, but still, its nice to know that someone I know will be on the plane in case something goes wrong.

HOME PRAYER REQUESTS

  • That nothing happens that prevents Nick from being at the birth.  It’s a scheduled c-section, but things can change very quickly with a baby’s delivery!  Pray that we will have enough time to change his flight should Two Baby need to come any earlier.
  • That we won’t miss Nick too much.  I hate that we will be apart for over  month.  Two Baby is SO WORTH IT, but it will be hard.  This is the best way to break up my time in the states.  I think I will be there for 2.5 to 3 months AT LEAST, and if he can travel as close to the birth as possible that means that he not only will get to spend the most time with Two Baby, but also the less time we will have to spend apart in general after he leaves.
  • My mom is normally a HUGE help when I go home, but unfortunately she is on bed rest still for her shattered heel at least until February 1st!  And I don’t think she’ll be able to help much after that.  My dad will be gone a lot too traveling to India… so I will essentially be a VERY PREGNANT single mother for the next month until Nick arrives.  I think I can do it, but I think it will be very challenging, looking after Isla, being so big (and possibly in pain if my back doesn’t stop this), and also helping my mom as much as I can!
  • That we get Two Baby’s paperwork together quickly – we need birth certificate, passport and Russian visa in that order.  That could be one limiting factor for return to Russia quickly, hopefully everything will flow smoothly and we can get them in order quickly.
  • That Two Baby and I get clearance to fly in a timely fashion from our Doctor’s.  I will need at least 6 weeks recovery after a c-section, pray that it heals well, and I don’t know how old Two Baby should be before he or she flies. I will leave that one up to his or her pediatrician.
  • That we figure out how I will get back to Russia.  I don’t think I will be ready to fly by myself with two kids (and Nick agrees), and originally my mom was supposed to come, but now she won’t be able to.  Probably it will be Nick, but we’ll see how it goes.

GENERAL PRAYER REQUESTS

  • Right now there is so much uncertainty in our future and its making me very anxious.  I just ask that you pray for me to trust God more and not worry about tomorrow – as He says, it has enough trouble of its own.

“He makes the barren woman to keep house and be a JOYFUL mother of children!” Psalm 113:9

joyful mothr

In spite of my anxiety, I am joyful and thankful for my children.  In spite of Isla’s naughtiness, I am joyful. I love her little happy, but strong willed personality.  People LOVE her.  And in spite of all the difficulties, I am so thankful for Two Baby.  Two Baby’s delivery was never going to be easy – but never has there ever been anything more worth doing! We love you Two Baby, and we can’t wait to meet you.

3 comments:

  1. You can do this Stori-woman. I believe in you. If anyone can do this, it is you. You will be in my thoughts. I know that Nashville isn't close, but if there is anything I can do Stateside, let me know. Keep up that positive attitude. Even when you feel like you are shouting it into the wind of your anxiety. We have you in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!!! I CAN do this :). I told Nick this was a "Get tough or die situation!" when he suggested I call his mom (who is awesome) in for back up. And thanks for your offer of help. It is really sweet and so much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying you home!! Wish I could help. E-mail me when you feel like screaming and I will scream with you!! Julia

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews