This video is a reshare from last year, but it cannot be shared enough. It takes you inside one of the places that I have been telling you about – the Eastern European and Russian ADULT mental institutions where children with Down Syndrome and other special needs are sent to somewhere between the ages of 4 and 6. It even takes you inside the dreaded “laying down” rooms that so few people have access to.
Watch it if you dare – you cannot watch it without being changed. You will see not only children in agony, but the adults that they become! These children have no hope and no future without a family to rescue them.
This is the video that inspired the Musser family to adopt little Katerina, named for the little girl in the video.
Of course, I have shared little Katie-bird with you before! Her transformation after just a year home has been nothing short of miraculous, and shows what a difference a loving family can for a child who has been written off as less than nothing.
This is Katie last fall in the Pleven orphanage that she was adopted from, weighing in at just 11 lbs at 9 years old. The only life that she had ever known was life in that crib. It cannot be stressed enough that severe neglect caused her to be so small and delayed – Down Syndrome did NOT cause Katie to be this way.
This is Katie one year later, weighing in at a whopping 33 pounds! Just click HERE to find out about all that Katie is doing. She is saying some words, almost potty trained, and even learning to walk! Talk about ABILITY .
Please, please consider donating to Sonny, Suzanne and Daphne! Help them find the love of a family – let’s make their after pictures a reality!
“Rescue those being led away to death;
hold back those staggering toward slaughter!
If you say, “But we knew nothing about this,”
does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?
Does not he who guards your life know it?
Will he not repay everyone according to what
they have done?”
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO
- Use the links below to go to the sites where these precious children are receiving donations. Follow the directions there to make your generous donations.
- THEN, come back to this blog and leave a comment to let me know two things: (1) that you donated to Sonny, and (2) the total amount that you donated to ALL THREE of the children (if you chose to donate to more than one child).
- If you prefer not to comment, you can email me at email@example.com.
- ALL OF THESE DONATIONS ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.
- The giveaway will end on December 15th and the winner will be announced on the 16th.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to leave one in the comment section or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use these links to make your donations.
THESE ARE OUR PRIZES!
16 GB iPad with Retina display – a $500 value!
Kitchen Aid 5-Quart Stand Mixer – a $430 value!
You will be able to select the color of your choice – there are 25 options!
Please let me know if you have donated even if you don’t want the prizes! If you win and you don’t want the prize, you can choose to donate the equivalent cost of the prize to the child of your choice. BUT please feel free to keep the prizes if you win!