Its Angel Tree time, which means that I have agreed to help an orphan with special needs raise AT LEAST $1000 towards their adoption before December 31st. I hope to raise, much, much more than that! Sonny needs at least $20,000 to be considered fully funded.
My orphan’s name is Sonny and I hope to get as much money for his adoption as I can. Precious Sonny needs a family… he is from Eastern Europe and he has been transferred to an adult mental institution. This means that he has a very real chance of dying well before he even reaches his next birthday. I wish I could say that I am being dramatic, but I can promise you I am not.
Transfer for a child with Down Syndrome means going from this…
Sonny needs out.
Honestly, $1000 isn’t difficult for me. I could easily donate $1000 to my precious orphan, but I can’t take the easy way out. For starters, I believe in the saying “Many hands make light work.” I could just give $1000 and keep silent, but if everyone gives just a little bit, together we can make such a difference in the life of these children.
Also, part of becoming an Angel Tree warrior means advocating for your child and spreading awareness. It’s a difficult and humbling experience, but Sonny is worth it! I hope to answer many questions you may have over the next several weeks.
- Why care about the orphan?
- Why care about special needs orphans?
- Why do these adoptions cost so much?
- What is Reece’s Rainbow?
- What else can you do to help?
- And we will talk about many other topics related to adoption and the orphan crisis.
My greatest wish is that maybe through my advocating, Sonny might find a family!
But until that time, I will work to make sure that funding isn’t a problem for them when his family finally does come to claim their treasure!
If you help Sonny, you will be given the opportunity to win some fun prizes, possibly in time for Christmas! I have also extended the giveaway to two very special little girls – one of them has been transferred like Sonny, and another is a much older child, who has little chance of being adopted if we don’t YELL as loud as we can for her!
THESE ARE THE RULES
Because Sonny is my Angel Tree babe, you can enter the giveaway by making a tax-deductible donation to his Reece’s Rainbow account. One donation of $5 will put your name in our giveaway! Entries $35 and over, and you will receive an adorable ornament with Sonny’s picture on it.
As an incentive for making additional donations, you will receive additional entries for every additional $5 donated to any of our children.
- $5 = 1 entry
- $10 = 2 entries
- $20 = 4 entries
- $50 = 10 entries
- $500 = 100 entries
- And so on…
You can also gain additional entries by sharing about our Giveaway on Facebook, Twitter or your own Blog. Just leave a comment on my blog to let me know you’ve shared.
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO
- Use the links below to go to the sites where these precious children are receiving donations. Follow the directions there to make your generous donations.
- THEN, come back to this blog and leave a comment to let me know two things: (1) that you donated to Sonny, and (2) the total amount that you donated to ALL THREE of the children (if you chose to donate to more than one child).
- If you prefer not to comment, you can email me at email@example.com.
- ALL OF THESE DONATIONS ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.
- The giveaway will end on December 15th and the winner will be announced on the 16th.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to leave one in the comment section or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use these links to make your donations.
THESE ARE OUR PRIZES!
16 GB iPad with Retina display – a $500 value!
Kitchen Aid 5-Quart Stand Mixer – a $430 value!
You will be able to select the color of your choice – there are 25 options!
Please let me know if you have donated even if you don’t want the prizes! If you win and you don’t want the prize, you can choose to donate the equivalent cost of the prize to the child of your choice. BUT please feel free to keep the prizes if you win!