"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Monday, August 27, 2012

Click Here! Click Here!

Early last year, God opened my eyes to the orphan crisis – not just the orphan crisis, but the conditions that orphans live in world wide. And especially those of disabled children in Eastern Europe.

If you don’t remember or didn’t get a chance to read some of my posts from last fall, please consider going -

  • HERE to read about Vanya, a boy with above average intelligence with mild cerebal palsy who was sentenced to a life in an Eastern European “laying room”.  He was destined to live his life confined to a crib, his diaper being changed once a day with absolutely no stimulation or affection.  Thankfully his life changed, God freed him so that he could tell his story.
  • HERE to watch a video that will take you inside the asylums where the “disabled” children are left day after day, and what happens to them as they grow.
  • HERE to see some of the before and after photos of children who have survived these orphanages. A family makes all the difference in the world for these children.  Or HERE to read about sweet Carrington, who spent day after day chained to her high chair, weighing only 11 lbs when her mommy came to recue her!  What a treasure she is now!
  • And finally HERE, this post was written only two days ago by Renee, who adopted her daughter “Moxie” from the same country as sweet Ryder earlier this year.  Moxie was in one of the “laying down” rooms early in her life because of her cerebral palsy!  Now sweet Moxie is a smart, sassy, LOVED little American girl.  I cried at what this precious little girl had to go through.

I probably wouldn’t be advocating for these children if they were in a bright sunny orphanage, with staff that loved them. I just wouldn’t.  But these children are living in conditions that no human being should ever be subjected to.  They are treated as less than human - we wouldn’t even treat animals in the United States this way.

And I am here to continue begging for Ryder’s family and the Brook family – who are now pursuing a blind referral.  What happens if they aren’t able to come for their children?  What will that say to a society that already thinks that they are worthless?  We will only enforce what is already known to them, that nobody wants these children.  That they are worthless.

But WE know that that isn’t true!

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.”

Nick and I were praying over how to help these families, and we came across this verse -

Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act. ~Proverbs 3:27

We had to say “Yes Lord!”  I do not normally advertise when we give because I do not want my left hand to know what my right hand is doing!  But this time I feel that I should share.  I don’t know why, other than I want  you to know, that we are not asking you to give, without sacrificing something ourselves. 

We BELIEVE in what we are doing, and we believe in Reece’s Rainbow! 

And we BELIEVE that there is a family for every single orphan, no matter what is “wrong” with them!

The prisoners will be set free.

That is why we have made the decision to offer a $2000 matching grant to the Brook family. Walden’s former family.

Walden

And a $4500 matching grant to the Wetherington family, Ryder’s family.

Ryder

This is where our heart is.

That means that every dollar you donate will be DOUBLED!  These children have so little time, there families are set to travel this week!  And they don’t even have enough funds to be allowed to get on the plane, even with our donations.  They will need help from anyone who can give it!

I will leave you with these thoughts -

“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?  When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?  When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? '  The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’”

You can donate to the Brook family HERE.

And the Wetherington family HERE.

Thank you. And please consider resharing on your blog.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU. Thank you. That is all I am going to say. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews