"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Very Merry Un-Birthday to Me!

But first, updates on my babies.

One Baby

First of all, how CUTE is Isla?  She has recently really gotten into singing along with Nick and I.  It just started when her vocabulary exploded in the states.  She will usually want us to sing together, and if I don’t sing, but Nick does, she will stop and say “Mommy, can you sing wis us/me?” and vice versa with Nick.  My favorite is when she sings Jesus Loves Me and says “stwong” and drags it out and pumps her little fists.

She loves it when I sing to her (and I sing terribly), and I love it too because I know the day is coming very soon when the last thing she will want to hear is my off-pitch, off-key voice singing.

Two Baby

Things are going well with Two Baby.  I am 12 weeks!  Almost no nausea, and no vomiting other than when I was sick (I am getting to that later in the post).  I am just miserably tired, which might be just because I am pregnant or it could be because I am not sleeping well. 

The craziest symptom that I am having is HOT, and I mean BOILING HOT feet, especially at night when I am trying to sleep.  I have always had warm feet, that I think inherited from my Nana.  Usually they don’t affect my sleep other than to sleep with them out of the blanket and occasionally needing to get up in the night and wipe them with a cool wash cloth.  Well a wash cloth is NOT cutting it!  I had to get out of bed several times a night and run my feet under cold water for a few minutes just to get their temperature down so that I could get back to sleep.  I finally just go a big bowl of water that I leave by my bed so I can just lean over and submerge my feet whenever I need some relief. I googled it and apparently it is not an uncommon pregnancy side effect, so thankfully I am not the only one.

I admit that I have been soooo tired that I have been majorly breaking every Isla-watching-TV rule I ever had, including my most stringent rule – NO TV BEFORE NOON.  I have always had this rule, and I don’t know what it is, but I just cannot take having that noise on in the mornings.  But lately I have been dragging myself out of bed, putting on Clifford, making a quickie breakfast and snoozing on the couch for a hour before we start our day.  For a little girl who was completely indifferent to television a couple of months ago, she cannot get enough of it!

Ok, General Family News

We have been sick, sick, sick over here!  After getting through almost a week of jetlag, I got so sick with just about every common ailment you can get including high fever and major vomiting.  Its quite interesting because other than the migraine and this illness I have only thrown  up twice in this pregnancy! I think this may go down as the most non-pregnancy related throw ups during a pregnancy of all time (and the Doctors each time were fairly sure that it was the migraine/illness and not the pregnancy that made me upchuck).

Then as I was getting well, Nick got so sick with something called Roseola, not what I had, something different.  It is a sickness that small children usually only get, but we are fairly certain that is what he had.  He had a high, high fever, sinus infection, sore throat, and he then broke out in a rash all over his torso.  He tested negative for strep, which has similar symptoms.

Needless to say, last week was rough.  Thankfully Isla did not get sick, although she might still get Roseola, so we are watching her closely.  Tuesday Agnessa took her home so she was able to have a fun day instead of just watching TV all day since Nick and mines illness majorly overlapped that day. I was able to get fully well that day, and that was Nick’s highest fever day.  Unfortunately for Agnessa, she got sick later!  Poor, sweet lady.  We love her so much.

Also, last Thursday was my 29th birthday!  Yes, I am almost 30.  I can’t believe it.  Since Nick was so blah, we opted to celebrate on Saturday instead.  Nick woke me up with breakfast-in-bed Smile, and then we went with our friends Tim and Li, to my favorite restaurant here called Annikie Bannikie!  It serves traditional Russian food, including my favorite – pilmeny, which is like a meat dumpling that you dip in sour cream mixed with vinegar.  I promise I love it always, its not just a product of weird pregnancy cravings. It is so tasty!  Afterwards we walked to Lady Marmalade and had cake (worst service ever), but Tim and Li got me a cake slice with candles, which was very sweet.  It was so nice hanging out with them and taking nice, long walks.  All in all, it was a wonderful Un-Birthday!

photo (28)

You know, there are a lot of things that I thought I would have better figured out by almost 30 (how to consistently fit workouts into my day, how to fix my hair pretty every day), but I can honestly say that I am always amazed at my amazing life!  God is so good, and I am so thankful for my husband and my sweet daughter and my new little Two Baby coming soon!  Life just keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews