"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Friday, May 11, 2012

Bird Park

Our last full day in Kuala Lumpur, we decided to head to the bird park.  It was… ok. I am not going to lie and tell you that it was amazing, but did have a good time! We liked seeing the birds, but felt it was a little bit overpriced.  It is however, the largest bird park in the world (I think and don’t want to spend 2 seconds to google it) and kid friendly so win-win.

Isla sipping her lemonade and currants.

Yummy Currents

Isla was completely terrified of the little birds that were running around.  She kept asking me to “Hold You” (as in her), but I think she liked them, just at a distance.  Of course she didn’t want to ride in her “stroll-on”, nope, Mommy’s arms are much safer Smile.

With Mommy

We heart owls in this family!

Owl Lovers

I thought the waterfall that they put in was so cool!  I like our little family pic that a stranger was nice enough to snap for us.

Family Pic

There was a very nice playground there that Isla loved!  We drag her all over the place and she is usually pretty compliant, so its nice to find very Isla friendly activities when we are out!

FUN!

Fun 2

Cute little hatchery! Our cute little chickadee sure loved it.

Baby Chicks

I had to share this very appetizing looking restaurant located in the park with you, completely covered with birds and… things that come with having birds!  Doesn’t that just make you so hungry???

Yummy Restaurant

After the bird park we headed home to meet up with my friend Carolina one last time!  I admit that I am not the best at keeping up with my friends from Venezuela and high school other than through the occasional Facebook thread, but this is one girl that I enjoy getting together with every time I get the chance! She is so smart, sensible and funny and I am proud of her achievements as a professional.  Since we are both in the O&G industry (since I am the “trailing spouse” I am still considering myself “in” the industry even though I officially retired when Isla born although  I still occasionally do freelance work… and now this sentence is officially too long to keep in parenthesis but I am going to keep it in parenthesis anyway!), the chance has come up several times and I am very thankful for it.  I look forward to seeing more of her as hers and Nick’s careers progress!

IMG_0347

Yes, she is a gorgeous Brazilian that also happens to be my friend Smile.

That was our last full day in KL.  I have one more afternoon to share about and then its onto Thailand… FINALLY.

1 comment:

  1. Isla looks like she's grown a LOT since I met her! Time is flying.

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews