"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

So I follow two blogs that have a mid-week rambling/randoms post on Wednesday where they just sort of bullet out different things that are going on.  I think that I want to start up the same thing on Tuesday’s but call it Tuesday Tidbits… really I could do it any day, but this way it gets it a nice alliterative name.

  • Our good friends Blake and Ashley from New Orlean’s Northshore are going to be on House Hunters!  Nick and mine’s favorite show.  Tune in next week to watch them.  This the link to their episode: http://www.hgtv.com/house-hunters/a-growing-family-looks-for-a-five-bedroom-home-near-new-orleans/index.html
  • I really miss my friends from Louisiana.  I mean like crazy miss them!  Elysha, my precious, most favorite person to spend time with (besides Nick and Isla) has started her own blog.  You can read it HERE – we love her and her husband.  They are hilarious and goofy and I hate going through an election season without them.  Who else will make fun of the candidates with me?
  • But I love my friends here in Russia too.  They are sweet as can be!  Smile.
  • Isla has been having the hardest time with naps and bedtime since we got back from Texas in January, and our trip to the Netherlands didn’t help.  This age is really challenging for me.  She will be totally exhausted but refuse to sleep! I even let her nap in my bed with with me laying down with her, and no dice.  She will fight both for hours.  So I have had almost no free time plus a cranky baby.  It has been exhausting and I have been unable to function or complete any household tasks.  I am not sure what to do.
  • I gained 7 pounds when I went back to Texas over Christmas… I am trying to lose it and I have been getting up early and doing the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels video and we are trying to eat healthier.  I haven’t lost a pound and I am discovering that I just don’t know how to lose weight! Nick of course has lost about 10 pounds and he is back to his wedding weight. Smile
  • We have been obsessed with pomegranates and have been eating 2 or 3 a day!  Go get yourself some, they are delicious and so good for you. Pomegranate02_edit
  • Nick had last Thursday off for Men’s Day here in Russia.  We went for a walk and their was a big show at the little promenade that leads to the big promenade by the sea.  Isla was mesmerized by it and kept clapping!  She was adorable.154
  • Awww, how cute are these two!  Its hard to believe that either of them can ever make me mad looking at these pictures.136137138
  • Nick is going snowboarding on our church retreat this Thursday.  He went and bought some gear and I am excited for him!  I hope it goes ok and that he doesn’t hurt himself.
  • Isla and I are going Friday to look into a “Mommy and Me” type class at a place called Fast Track Kids, where some of the other kids of people who work for Nick’s company go.  I think that it will be good for both of us to be in some structured together time.  I hope it works out!  Also, eeks, it is all in Russian.
  • Our Bible Study class on Wednesday nights is going so well!!!  I am so happy with the people who are coming.  Liosha comes too and plays with Isla.  She is crazy about him!  I love this picture.049
  • I’ve mentioned before that the Russian babushkas always come up and fuss over babies and what they are wearing here.  Lately I have taken to bundling up Isla like a starfish so that they won’t get onto me.  They haven’t stopped me as much as before.  Well when we went out for a walk last week, I had a babushka come up and fuss over Isla and at me over this… 148  …my crime, exposing her hair!  Seriously, these babushkas are cute but they are a little bit crazy.
  • One more picture from that walk – I should have just done its own post, but Isla made a friend at the playground.  So cute! 109
  • We went walking with my friend Monica and her dog Julie yesterday and Isla got to hold the leash.  She thought she was hot stuff!  I wish that I had gotten a picture.
  • I do love this little heap of preciousness so much! 116

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews