"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fashion Bug

Isla has been getting more and more into “fashion” lately.  I didn’t think that an almost 21 month old could be so into clothes, but lately she has been.  I have never made any secret of the fact that I love to dress her up like a little doll, especially when she was smaller, and I think that that may have rubbed off!

My mom and I love to go through her outfits and pick out her clothes and before we left, we made her let us try many, many outfits on her for a mini fashion show – which she seemed to enjoy.  Also, she has been picking out certain things when we go to stores that she really loves. Mostly I just let her hold it until I can distract her although my MIL does like to indulge Isla when they are out together and Isla likes something.  We love Boo!

Anyway, today Isla accessorized this whole outfit by herself.  I put her shirt and pants on, but she picked out her boots and vest, and then she grabbed this hat and made me take this bow out of another hat to put on it!  And I just need to add the disclaimer that I had not had any plans to accessorize this outfit – today was an indoor day, she got the idea all on her own.  I thought that she looked ridiculously cute.

003 (401x640)

This is the view from Isla’s room.  I had always assumed that it was just a little play area since there aren’t any buildings really, just sheds, but now I actually think that it is a daycare.  The kids looked like they were having so much fun playing outside.  I feel a little bit guilty for keeping Isla at home this Spring, but I am thankful for friends and Nick who support me and encourage me in my decision.  Maybe in the fall I will be ready…?

020 (640x413)

Also, when I die I plan to come back as a ghost and haunt whoever has bought the apartment below us.  They have been redecorating and it sounds like they are about to drill through the wall in Isla’s room!  And of course, they always seem to think that the hours between 11 and 2 are the best time to do it – right in the middle of naptime.  I finally just got Isla out of bed, much to her delight, and she came and sat with me and worked on her “laptop”, while I worked on mine. Honestly, it is soooo loud, and it scares her Sad smile.

023 (640x425)

In keeping with my New Year’s resolution to stay away from technology more, I have not been getting on the iPad or Laptop when Isla is awake, but this makes Isla’s naptime even more precious to me.  It can get really lonely here without being able to connect with my friends and family back in the states. And with that loneliness, I would like to actually interact with my husband when he is home… so that rules out nighttime too.  Having us both work on our laptops for about 15 minutes was a great compromise for when Isla isn’t napping!

****Update****

One more thing, I found this sign on Kelly’s Korner blog a while ago, and I thought it was so neat, unfortunately I didn’t get to ordering it right away, and then I  couldn’t ever find which post it was on.  Thankfully she reposted it the other day and I am ordering one for Isla.  I love it.  I want Isla to know how beautifully made she is… because she is.  But she is also so sweet, which the most important thing!

20120108_IMG_5156

It says “The King is enthralled with your beauty.  Honor Him, for he is your LORD.” Psalm 45:11 and it will have Isla Frances Wann on the top.

All of us ladies would do well to remember this verse!  We are all fearfully and wonderfully made.

2 comments:

  1. She did a great job picking her outfit! What a little fashionista!!! So very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! She definitely has a eye for fashion. ADORABLE! I'm glad you've gotten positive support about not putting Isla in "school" yet, for a few reasons. a) they are young for such a short time, and who better for her to hang out with, b) I really LOVE my paid job, but it's not as important as my Mommy job, and sometimes I feel guilty about working, and c) I just HATE when women are negative with one another about the choices we make. What works for one family doesn't necessarily work for another and shouldn't have to. Love how you were both working on your laptops too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews