"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Forever Family for Kai

I have sat down to write this at least a dozen times over the last few days, but I just can’t figure out the right words to say, and the words are so important, and I am so clumsy so I will just do my best.

About 8 or 9 months ago, I was blog-hopping at I found the blog on my sidebar called “No Greater Joy Mom”.  I began learning about the world of special needs orphans in Eastern European and Asian countries that I never knew about, one that I almost wish that I didn’t know about now.

I was horrified as I read about them, but I kept reading anyway.  And I kept reading. And I’ve kept reading.  I’ve read just about anything about it that I can get my hands on.  I’ve read just about any blog that I could find on the subject.

Occasionally I have posted about a child that needed prayer or a family that was in need of help.  I’ve helped out here and there financially and with fundraisers. I’ve been praying on the subject almost every day, but I’ve stopped myself from really committing to helping further. 

The truth is, I didn’t get more involved because I just felt so much shame.  Ashamed because at this time we cannot adopt one of these children.  Ashamed because there feels like so little I can really do.  Ashamed because there are so many amazing families out there who are doing so much, while I do practically nothing. Ashamed as I watch these child who have known only the four walls of their crib their entire lives blossom and change when in a loving family, knowing there are still thousands of children out there slowing dying… And what am I doing? I sit in my pretty apartment and I globetrot and I take frequent daytime naps and I have a comfortable life, and I do nothing.  Shame on me. Shame on me. Shame on me.

But one day, as I prayed, I realized, I was believing satan and his lies.  His lies that I shouldn’t do anything because I couldn’t do everything.  He is so smart.  So. So. Smart.  And very good at what he does.  Making people believe his lies.

God revealed to me that even if Nick and I cannot adopt a child right now, there is still so much I can do.

So I took a scary, scary step!  Y’all I am so scared, and I don’t know why.

I have committed to becoming a Reece’s Rainbow Christmas Warrior for a little boy in China named Kai.  He is fearfully and wonderfully made by my God. He is loved by my God.  He just happens to have an extra chromosome in his DNA. Smile

What does this mean?

This means that I have committed to help raise the funds that will help Kai’s future family bring him home!

All over the United States, God is raising up people who want nothing more than to be the Forever Family of special boys and girls just like Kai.  The only thing keeping them from coming and taking them home is money.  International adoption is very expensive.

When I committed to becoming a Christmas Warrior, I fully expected to receive an Easter European child because that is the region whose adoption practices I am the most familiar with, but God is so tough on me sometimes.  Not only did I get a little Chinese baby, a region that I do not know as much about… but I also don’t even have a picture to share of him! Nothing helps fundraise better than a picture of precious child.  But he is the one God wanted me to advocate for.  I am sure of it. And beside, God is God, and he able to do abundantly more than I could ever ask or imagine. And doesn’t Kai deserve a family too?

So, what else does this mean?

I know, I am terrible at getting to the point.

Between now until Christmas I am going to be tirelessly advocating for the funds to help Kai’s forever family bring him home!

So, that’s all that I am going to say for now.  But it will also mean that we are going to have an AWESOME GIVEAWAY for anyone who chooses to donate to little Kai.  I want to go ahead and set up the link off of my blog where you can donate, but over the next few days, I will be organizing the giveaway prizes and setting up a Facebook page.  I am afraid to set a target, but I have been told that $10,000 seems to be the point that gives the families who are interested the courage to take the step forward and trust the God will provide the rest of the funds for them to bring their babies home.

I am so nervous, especially since I don’t have anything remotely resembling a famous blog, but I know that this will be worth it.  If you have anything you would like to donate as a giveaway item, I am accepting all donations.  Even if you don’t we have some really great things that I know you will love!

And I am especially accepting prayers Smile.  Those are free and those are the only things that will help Kai’s Forever Family find him.

One more thing.  ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE. Yay!

I covet your prayers right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews