"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Monday, September 5, 2011

Blogging Fast

So, I mentioned a few times that I was going to take a blogging fast in addition to my Facebook fast, but then I thought that I would just make it a no pressure blogging break, but now I have thought about it and…

I am officially taking a break from blog writing (and most reading) until we return from Italy and Scotland at the beginning of October.

I didn’t know if I should announce it or not, but that helps keep me honest, and I need to take a break for some very specific purposes.

One of the reasons why I love blogging is that it can be used in such wonderful, constructive ways – to build people up, to share with family and people you love, and to edify others.  But lately I have been frustrated with how passive aggressive people can be, and its been a little hard to participate in it. People use blogs to write and comment in ways that they would never do in real life… to write anymore would be a little bit passive aggressive on my part so I will leave it at that. Smile

But mainly, I just need to make more time for my Lord.  I have been playing nothing but worship music at our house the past few days, and it made me realize something… my soul has been a little thirsty and a little weary lately Smile and my love for others has needed some serious replenishing.  I need to reprioritize.

“As the deer pants for streams of water,
   so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
   When can I go and meet with God?
My tears have been my food
   day and night,
while people say to me all day long,
   “Where is your God?”
These things I remember
   as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go to the house of God
   under the protection of the Mighty One
with shouts of joy and praise
   among the festive throng.

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
   Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
   for I will yet praise him,
   my Savior and my God.”

Psalm 42:1-5

And I will leave you with a few other verses from Isaiah that I have been clinging too lately…

“Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past.  Behold, I will do something new.  Now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it?  I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:18-19

“And I will give you treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places. So that you may know that it is I, The LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.” Isaiah 45:3

And finally to remember what a glorious and awesome God I serve…

“Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.” Isaiah 45:22

Blessings,
Stori

Ps.  I did just remember that I would like to do one teensy tiny post on Kelly’s Korner SUYL Favorite Bible Studies, and that will be all that I will do until October Smile. Seriohzna! (That’s seriously in Russian).

1 comment:

  1. Im with you! That is part of the reason I quit Facebook!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews