"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tribute to Nick

Sooo… this may seem kind of random, but I just feel like I have to say it.

I have the best husband.  THE BEST.  I am so thankful that I met him at 19, we were engaged at 20, and married at 21!

Is our marriage perfect?

Yes.

No I’m kidding it is not. You want to test your marriage… try moving to a different county!

But 6+ years later, I love and appreciate him more each day.  I cannot imagine my life without him.

Nick has always loved me so unconditionally, all while encouraging me to be better and reach for more than I would have on my own.  I could never have gotten a job as a engineer out of college without his complete faith in me, and especially not my job at the Big Oil Co that was my dream job (before I found my real dream job… Mommy!).

I can honestly say that before Nick I had no idea what it was like to be a good partner, and there were things about God that I didn’t understand.  I always thought that God was more someone to rumble and spar with, someone who didn’t want me to do what I wanted to do.  Oh I believed in Him, but I never understood exactly HOW he loved me.  Until Nick, and then suddenly Ephesians 5:25 became real...

“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 

Nick has always loved me and treated me like a treasure, and its very easy to submit to a man like that.  So easy to rest.

Finally.

Here’s to you, my best and most beloved!

(This would be the part where I insert a good picture of you, but I don’t have one on this computer and am too lazy to go and get another one. It’s ok.  You already know what you look like!)

1 comment:

  1. Well that is just a beautiful post! Plus, I really like the parenthetical at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews