"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Since We’ve Been Home

So, we’ve been home for almost two weeks now, and I feel quite silly.  Things have been so slow here for a couple of reasons and I can’t believe that I was complaining about having too much to do!  Feast or famine seems to be the story of my life…

The main reason that there has been nothing going on is that we have been nonstop SICK in this house! 

  • First there was jetlag, which I was physically ill from for the first five or six days, partly from jet lag and then also lack of sleep with Isla getting accustomed to the time change.  She did not do nearly as well as she did on the trip to Houston.
  • Secondly Isla got her first molars in!  This was very exciting, except that my little dumpling who has cut teeth 3 through 8 almost without me even noticing that she had teeth coming in ran a fever for four days.  At one point she got up to 103.2!  Absolutely terrible.  I felt so bad for her.  I called our Doctor over to check her out, and he agreed with my mommy diagnosis that it was just bad teething in case anyone was nervous!
  • Thirdly, I got so run down this weekend from taking care of Isla all week.  I had a sore throat and was just exhausted.  We kept our weekend low key and I even played hooky from church while Nick and Isla left.
  • Finally, last night Isla woke up and threw up her entire dinner!  She is taking a morning nap (unusual for her at this point), and she seems to be ok, but I just feel like we cannot catch a break around here!

We start back up with our Russian lessons today! I am excited, but I have also enjoyed the past few weeks of mental relaxation.  Seriously, it is so mentally taxing, and we will pay for having been so lazy!

That’s what we have been doing in case you were wondering! Smile

Anyway, I am slowly finishing Isla’s update post, and then I am going to take a little “no pressure” vacation from blogging (as in, there will be no pressure on myself to update unless I am in the mood to do it!).  Also, I am off Facebook for a little while.  I hate Facebook at the moment, and its such a relief to not be on it.  You know how babies get overstimulated?  That’s kind of the way I was feeling about Facebook the past couple of months.  Maybe “oversaturated” is a better word.

Paka paka!

PS. Our internet has been working so much better!  It has been such a blessing.

1 comment:

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews