"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Heading Home

Tomorrow I am on my way back to Russia! I cannot wait, I miss Nick so much. This is just a couple of random comments and then a few cute pictures of Isla.

This past week has been crazy. I spent the weekend with Nick's parents and had a wonderful time.

Monday I drove from Magnolia to Nederland to see Emily briefly and her beautiful new house. Then I drove from Nederland to Town and Country mall in Houston to meet with Krista, Henry and Kristen for dinner. My mom met me with Isla so that they could see her.

Tuesday we left on the 7:25 am flight for Louisiana. We had the best time seeing our friends and taking Isla to the Doctor. I treasure the people that God put in my life there with all my heart. Isla also had her 15 month check up. I really want to do an update post on her soon.

Here are some pictures from La!

Isla and Nathan. I couldn't get them both to look at the camera at the same time!


















How I love and miss all of those dear friends! I wish i had taken more pictures. I am so thankful Elysha and David hosted a little party with three out of four of our closest couple friends. I love them to bits. The other couple couldn't make it understandably because they were home with precious new baby Norah! Don't worry, I got to see her the next day.

Thursday though Saturday we went to Great Wolf Lodge in Dallas! It was awesome. Here is Isla sleeping on the road trip up. I want to do a post on that too.



Today I saw my MIL and FIL one last time and saw another friend Kristen and her little boy Waylon, went for Mexican food one last time with family. And I packed. I hate packing.

Tomorrow I get on a plane for 11 hours with a baby, 2 large suitcases, 1 small carryon, 1 back pack, and 1 purse, and no stroller. I will fly 11 hours to Moscow, have less than 1 1/2 hours to clear passport control, customs, pick up all those bags, recheck in, and board the plane to Anapa. I am a little nervous, but I made it on the 2 day journey here by myself, and I know that I can do it again with God's covering. Please pray that I find favor with everyone I encounter and that everything goes smoothly and that Isla does well on the plane.

It's funny, after I made it over here the first time I felt so empowered, like I could do anything, but now I am all nervous again.

When I get home I want to do 2 posts, well maybe 3. One to say I made it safe. One on Great Wolf Lodge, and one on my precious daughter. I love her so, and then I am going to take a little break from blogging and possibly Facebook for a month or longer.

This is my first time using BlogPress. I don't like it that much.

Sorry if I rambled in this post.

Anyway, it's been a lovely time, but I miss my beloved and my life in Russia and I am so ready to get home. We will really miss everyone though...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I dont like using Blog Press either, but it's the only thing working for me right now :(
    I am saving a bunch of posts till Blogger decides to start working again

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews