"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Friday, August 26, 2011

Cookie’s Chess Table

Lately my mom has been really into refinishing furniture and she spends all her time reading about blogs of people who have refinished furniture!  I think she should start her own blog because she has done some amazing things… not the least of which is a beautiful bar that she refinished for me.  We bought it for $10, and now it looks amazing! (I need to get pictures of it…)

Anyway, that was just a little bit of back story for this post.  She has refinished this one particular table and wants me to post it on my blog to link up to several “linky parties”!  How cute is she???

So without further ado… here is a table that she refinished and repurposed as a chess table for Fin’s nursery.

Here is the before…

CIMG1001

And the after!  Doesn’t it look great? I love it!  There’s room for storage underneath, and if Fin ends up being the genius I think he will be, he can spend hours entertaining himself with chess!photo (2)

Ps.  Mom, please send me full pictures of Fin’s room.  I want to show everyone all of the neat little touches that you and Shawna did.

3 comments:

  1. Hey "Mom" nice redo and we wanna see more photos of your projects! And you should start your own blog too-- ask your smartie pants daughter- she'll help you, I'm sure!

    Following THIS blog so I can keep posted on "Mom" (don't know her real name yet!) when Mom gets a blog going to follow too.

    Smiles while I'm visiting from Miss Mustard Seed's Linky Party today,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne, (and STori)I am so irritated that I left the baby wipes on the chess table when I took the picture. And THAT, is one reason I don't have my own blog, I am not good at details! Suzanne I am originally from Southern IL (Carmi) but have called Houston home for close to 40 years.Lisa/mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing on Miss Mustard Seed's blog.
    Mandy
    www.projectqueen.org

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews