"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Rush of Angels’ Wings

I wanted to give everyone an update on Alesia.  I went to see her today, and she and her family are doing much better.

I am so thankful for our Father, the LORD.  She told me that the night before I called her, she woke up and for the first time in her life she had a moment where she doubted if there truly was a God and whether or not He loved her, and she felt terrible because she knows what a sin that is.

But, the next day she received my call offering help and two brothers came by and brought her family food and money and best of all… she heard from her mother! 

God is so faithful, always… but He does love a little bit of drama! (I kid, I kid.)

Not only is her mother safe and well in Moscow, but she has managed to get all of her paperwork to become a Russian citizen in and it is being processed as we speak.  With her ill health, age and being alone, Alesia told me that it is nothing short of a MIRACLE!

Right now Alesia is feeling more comforted and at peace, and she will not be homeless or going hungry anytime soon!

Here she is holding her daughter Eva!  Her family is precious, and so is she.  I am thankful that God has put her in my life.

Alesia

But she still needs your covering in prayer because what her family really needs is a JOB so that she and her husband can support their family and get their kids in school.  It is a very uncomfortable thing to live off of the charity of others.  There is some prejudice against hiring a Kyrgystani even with papers partly because the employer would have to pay an additional 30% of the person’s salary to the government!  She and her husband are in the process of becoming Russian citizens, but that will still take several months.

Please continue to pray for Alesia, that hearts will be softened towards hiring her and her husband.

But wait… There’s more!

Alesia told me that there are four or five other Kyrgystani families coming from her old church in Bishek! 

I about fainted.

More families that need help??? Please be praying for help for them.  I have some ideas, but all the glory must go to God.  Only He can change hearts and open doors.  So please pray that He does just that!

You know, I received some very bad news on Sunday that has had me down all week.  Yana spoke with the orphanage director and because I am a “foreigner”; I will not be able to go and help with the children.  I was so sad.  I teared up.  I can still go the shelter, so that’s something, but I don’t know why… I had my heart set on ministering to those children.  It has become apparent God has other plans for me here, and I am fine with that now. 

His will be done.

He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing. ~Deuteronomy 10:18

2 comments:

  1. So happy for all of Aleshia's good news, no doubt you will still be God's helper in one way or another a the orphanage. 6 more days! Love you mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you all, particularly Alesia's family and the other families headed into Russia. I can't imagine going through that, and it reminds how lucky I am to have been be born in the USA.

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews