"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Random Wednesday

So, I just wanted to do a quick update post to let you all know what we have been up to.

Last week we…

  • (The whole fam) went on a church picnic!  I am going to do a post for that one, but I took 350 pictures so it takes a while to sort through them and of course I have to caption them!
  • (Isla and I) went to the Safari park in Gelendzhik with our Pastor’s family and my friend Katya and her little girl Izlata!  It is a zoo, but it was pretty cool.  I probably won’t do an individual post on that one because I forgot my camera and didn’t take pictures.  I know we will go back with Nick so I can do a post then.
  • (The whole fam) went back to Gelendzhik with Katya, Igor (her huband) and Izlata, and some of their friends and walked the promenade and went to the Dolphinarium… I want to do a quick post on that one, but first I need to download the pictures from my phone.
  • (The whole fam) were also invited to our Pastor’s house for dinner!  It was great and I will do a post on that too… egad, I am so behind.

Some new things…

  • I started work again, and since I about killed myself the last time on a relatively small project, and this one is going to be big and long, I have hired a lady named Agnesa to come and help clean and watch Isla two days a week from 11 to 7.  This is great for so many reasons, but especially because she will be able to watch Isla while Nick and I take our Russian lessons on Tuesday and Friday nights.  Between Isla’s one-on-one time with Agnesa, our church, and our dear Russian friends, Isla should have enough exposure to Russian to learn it simultaneously with English!  She’s a lucky little baby.  I am always sad that she doesn’t get to do Mommy’s Day Out and have a nice time to play with other kids, but I think speaking two languages will more than make up for it.
  • Our church has been allowed back into helping the orphanage!!! Praise.  I really wanted to start going to help on Wednesdays, but unfortunately there is some concern that I being an American could jeopardize their visits.  It’s a long story, but our mainstream Protestant church is already viewed as an American cult by the orphanage directors and our church does not want to reinforce that view.  I don’t want to mess up their ministry, but could you be praying that there be some way that I could go and help out??? I am so sad, I would have loved to have gone and loved on those sweet children.

Here’s a pic (or two) of my precious little Isla.  She is frequently naughty these days, but rarely unhappy!  Its quite a winning combination, as she keeps me laughing all day long.  Today I was giving her a bath and she would throw out a bath toy at me and I would duck and we would laugh and I would throw her toy back in… well while I was ducking she picked up her hair-rinse bucket and chucked the whole thing (full of water) out… needless to say, we stopped that little game.  The jokes on Mommy! StuckBest Seat in the House

2 comments:

  1. Agnesa is a lucky Babushka!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like our lives...naughty but not unhappy. Lots of laughs...i love it! She is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews