So, I just wanted to do a quick update post to let you all know what we have been up to.
Last week we…
- (The whole fam) went on a church picnic! I am going to do a post for that one, but I took 350 pictures so it takes a while to sort through them and of course I have to caption them!
- (Isla and I) went to the Safari park in Gelendzhik with our Pastor’s family and my friend Katya and her little girl Izlata! It is a zoo, but it was pretty cool. I probably won’t do an individual post on that one because I forgot my camera and didn’t take pictures. I know we will go back with Nick so I can do a post then.
- (The whole fam) went back to Gelendzhik with Katya, Igor (her huband) and Izlata, and some of their friends and walked the promenade and went to the Dolphinarium… I want to do a quick post on that one, but first I need to download the pictures from my phone.
- (The whole fam) were also invited to our Pastor’s house for dinner! It was great and I will do a post on that too… egad, I am so behind.
Some new things…
- I started work again, and since I about killed myself the last time on a relatively small project, and this one is going to be big and long, I have hired a lady named Agnesa to come and help clean and watch Isla two days a week from 11 to 7. This is great for so many reasons, but especially because she will be able to watch Isla while Nick and I take our Russian lessons on Tuesday and Friday nights. Between Isla’s one-on-one time with Agnesa, our church, and our dear Russian friends, Isla should have enough exposure to Russian to learn it simultaneously with English! She’s a lucky little baby. I am always sad that she doesn’t get to do Mommy’s Day Out and have a nice time to play with other kids, but I think speaking two languages will more than make up for it.
- Our church has been allowed back into helping the orphanage!!! Praise. I really wanted to start going to help on Wednesdays, but unfortunately there is some concern that I being an American could jeopardize their visits. It’s a long story, but our mainstream Protestant church is already viewed as an American cult by the orphanage directors and our church does not want to reinforce that view. I don’t want to mess up their ministry, but could you be praying that there be some way that I could go and help out??? I am so sad, I would have loved to have gone and loved on those sweet children.
Here’s a pic (or two) of my precious little Isla. She is frequently naughty these days, but rarely unhappy! Its quite a winning combination, as she keeps me laughing all day long. Today I was giving her a bath and she would throw out a bath toy at me and I would duck and we would laugh and I would throw her toy back in… well while I was ducking she picked up her hair-rinse bucket and chucked the whole thing (full of water) out… needless to say, we stopped that little game. The jokes on Mommy!