"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Father–Daughter Date

On Sunday I wasn’t feeling that well, and Nick and Isla decided to head onto church without me so I could get some rest.  Side note – it was so weird being in the house with just me!

We realized that it was the first time that Nick had ever been out with Isla alone.  He’s kept her at home many times, but he had never gone out with her without me!  Of course I had to get pictures to document this special occasion. Smile 

These two are just so cute, I had a hard time deciding which picture to use… so I just used them all!

Cute I&D 2Cute I&D 3Cute I&D 4Cute I&D 5Cute I&D 6Cute I&D 7Cute I&D

It was also the first time that Nick used his “daddy” diaper bag that my mother gave him last year and that I lovingly filled with newborn essentials.  It was a sweet thought, but ultimately a waste since Nick is one of those guys who can hold a peacock emblazoned diaper bag and not feel like his manhood is threatened one iota.  For the record, he can also bust out with Steel Magnolia quotes with the best of ‘em!  And I think he’s the manliest man ever. Smile

Cute I&D 8

Also, Nick and I talked it over and we think that its time that he and Isla start regular Daddy-Daughter dates together… it brings me such joy to think about it!

I am so thankful for these two; they are my treasures!

2 comments:

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews