"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Some Oldies

I found some old pictures of Isla on my desktop from about 4 or 5 months ago (maybe 6?) and they made me tear up because my baby is getting so big.  I miss her littleness… I love being her mom.

I decided to share since I don’t have any new ones to post of her.  Mostly these just made me laugh!  She is so cute.  I love this bow/outfit combination.  We seriously need to get busy “practicing” bow wearing again. 

PB160150

PB160148

PB160161

PB160155

PB160173

PB160163So we just got back from dinner!  It was an office dinner.  Our sitter called and Isla had been crying nonstop for about 30 minutes and saying Mama, so Nick and I cut it short to get home to her.  Our sitter was very sweet, but she’s only 17 and didn’t quite know what to do with a screaming baby!  We tried to get her to sleep before we left, about 30 minutes early, but she would have none of it.

When we went to change her diaper before her second bedtime, we found that our sitter had put her diaper on backwards!  Hilarious.  We probably would have done the same thing a year ago.

Today was quiet.  I made it to Lenta (our Wal-Mart/Sam’s Hybrid) with big plans, but I quickly readjusted when I realized that I could not push the shopping cart by myself.  I tried.  I swear, but I just didn’t have it in me.  That cart had a mind of its own, so I just picked up a few small things and made my way back home!  Getting settled is taking quite a bit longer than I had planned between having a baby and being in, you know, Russia, but I am actually kind of glad.  It helps keep things interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some great pics...love the outfit. As soon as AJ looks in the mirror and sees a bow in her hair (not a headband) she says "bow" and wants to pull on it and play with it.

    Man a living that must be a massive cart! I cant wait to hear about your russian cooking...we will be taking notes so we can try a taste of Russia Wann style here :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews