"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Friday, April 1, 2011

One More Night

And not in a sexy, Phil Collins kind of way… in one more night in this hotel and I am going a little crazy here kind of way!  Oh well nothing eating (almost) an entire box of Belgian seashells can’t fix.

Isla’s third tooth poked through (finally) yesterday which I am thrilled about!  Occasionally I had this nagging voice in my head that made me worry that she would be stuck with just those two bottom teeth for the rest of her life… I mean its not normal to get in two teeth and then just have the rest stop for FOUR months. 

She took teething like a champ too!  She woke up two times the night before, but went right back to sleep. I checked that morning, and I could see the white line of her tooth, but it wasn’t poking through.  First nap, no problems, but still no tooth.  Then she fussed before she went down for her second nap, and then woke up screaming, but by the time I checked her mouth again that evening it had poked through!

We had some very good news yesterday, in spite of the bad news.  Our air shipment should hopefully clear customs today (PRAYER REQUEST) and assuming there’s no problems, we should have it by next week!

Also, our camera battery finally died, and I am saying a little prayer that I threw the charger in the air shipment, but if I did not, it could be Nick’s blackberry pictures only until our sea shipment and/or my mom comes in.  Enjoy my last *good* pictures of Isla for a little while! 

DSC_0945 DSC_0946 DSC_0947 Here she is, breaking through my barricade into the bathroom.  This door doesn’t latch for some reason.  She’s a busy, determined little girl.

DSC_0950DSC_0951

Oh, man more good news.  My mom and I might get to go on a little trip to Vienna, Austria when she visits in May since Nick will have to go away for training!  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  My mom is rooting for some Russia touring, but I don’t know if I am up for that!

See this is why I love blogging.  Yesterday all that I could think about were negative things, but when I sit down and think it out and tally it up… there’s lots of things to be happy about.  Not the least of which, my sins are forgiven.  Sometimes I have to take a minute to let that sink it.  Its an epiphany that I have about once every six months.  I am walking around, feeling so down about what’s going on, or something I have done, and then I remember… “My sins have been forgiven!”  And I rejoice… grace is a wonderful, beautiful thing.

This has been a very quiet week.  Our internet was down for part of the week.  Other than a few trips along the promenade, the only major thing we did was go to market on Tuesday.  You can find anything and everything there.  Fruit, vegetables, meat, shoes, hampers, children’s potties… the list goes on and on.  I can’t wait to come back and take pictures.  I kept my purchases to food only because I don’t want to buy anything until we are in our apartment and then have to move it twice.  Plus, I would like to be reimbursed for some of our moving expenses first too!  As such, I have been removing my temptation to shop by just staying in and reading.

Also, I am almost finished with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (the last bit is a little anticlimactic so I am taking my time with that part).  I couldn’t put it down.  It was engrossing, although dirty and it had some entirely gratuitous smut in my opinion.  Not trying to spoil, but the whole bit with Lisbeth’s guardian guy was gross and unnecessary.  We already knew she was a haas and could take on anyone.  It’s also kind of fascinating in that its a Swedish novel (translated to English), and you can glean some very interesting insights into Swedish culture.  Open marriages are apparently kosher, and the main protagonist is basically a deadbeat dad, who never initiates contact with his daughter or bothers to raise her yet, he finds the fact that she is going to church and then a Bible camp to be very alarming and worth stepping in as a Dad and having a discussion with her mother.  Very sad stuff.  Worst line in the book “Don’t worry Dad, I’m not a good Christian.” Doh!

I have some sad news to share that I was saving for last.  Yesterday, I found out my cousin’s little boy went to be with Jesus.  He was born a month ago, not breathing, and has been on breathing tubes ever since.  At one point there was hope, but finally, the Doctors said that there was nothing that they could do, and he passed away.  Pray for that sweet mother and father.  Hug your babies tight and praise Yahweh who both gives and takes away.  You can read more about it here.

Now I am going to hug my baby tight.  She is getting into everything that she should NOT, and I think that we need a change of scenery.

Love,
Stori

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's baby. :( That's so hard.

    Nicholas went to Vienna on their tour, and he said it was very idyllic and much like he imagined from watching "The Sound of Music" a zillion times with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking your page daily but did not realize until today I could comment. Keep your chin up. Remember this is your big adventure and your Mom is coming soon. Glad they almost have your place ready. Prayers on on the way. Love and miss you all. Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Russia updates. Oh, also Jake got 8 teeth by about 6 months old but hasn't gotten any since. Teeth are nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is so heavy for Cassie and Whit. They knew way before Eli was born there would be complications but chose to have this beautiful little boy and love him to the fullest, come what may. Hug Isla for dad and me.

    I cannot wait to see Isla's new tooth, I pray that you have your charger also in the air shipment. So anxious to hear when you get in your apt. Love you lots, mom. PS so glad Aunt Pat is on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about your cousins little one. i am gonna squeeze Addison extra today and rub the tummy extra too---I take it for granted.

    So glad teething wasnt as rough!! WHEW!!

    I cant wait for yall to be in the awesome apt.

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews