"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lady of Leisure

Today I am footloose and fancy free!  I finished all of the work that I had to do, and I cannot proceed without further instruction from my bosses.  Nick is leaving for Moscow tonight so after he leaves and Isla is asleep, I am going to indulge in some PS3 time… Final Fantasy XIII is calling my name!

I supposed I could clean… and my apartment needs it BADLY, but I need a little quiet time tonight.  I am seriously beginning to understand the meaning of the phrase “A woman’s work is never done”.  I don’t know where it originated, but it is true!  In the states, there was always take out or fast food to help alleviate just a smidge of that work, plus I had my housekeeper for the last eight months we were there.  Here, I don’t have any of that!  I could get a housekeeper, and a part of me wants to just so that I can have someone in my house to practice my Russian on, but I need to start saving my money again.  We have been bad during this move, but thankfully we shouldn’t need to update any of our electronics for several years so that is one small blessing.

I was really missing home yesterday, but I am still loving Russia.  You can feel both ways at once!  God has spoiled us with this move, really.  He has provided for us with abundance every single step of the way.  We do not deserve it, but every time we think of Russia we will remember that God is also the giver of good gifts.

Also… my mom comes in less than TWO weeks!  YAY.  And we get to fly the Moscow to Krasnodar leg of the trip with her.  Pretty awesome, huh?

Blessings,
Stori

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you live in Russia . . . permanently, fully time, live in Russia. You can feel both ways (miss home and be happy where you are.) I'm so glad it has been such a positive experience.

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews