"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Resurrection Day!

Sometimes I call it Victory Day!  I guess Isla thinks so too.

IMG_0209I love Easter.  It is a day for the greatest rejoicing.  Without Easter, we would have nothing but a dead prophet, a dead messiah, a dead God, a dead religion… just like all the others.  But Christ proclaimed victory, even over death, and so we worship a LIVING God!  That is so powerful.

O death, where is your sting?
O hell, where is your victory?
O church, come stand in the light
Our God is not dead
He's alive! He's alive!

We are going to church and I am making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for our Easter feast!  I brought two giant bags of brown sugar and 4 giant bags of chocolate chips that I have barely tapped into because I am rationing them.  I did have to make a batch to break in our oven the second day we moved in!  I took pictures, but then they got erased. :(  Moving to Russia has effectively broken me of my cookie dough habit, but I am excited to have an excuse to make some.  I am going to make two batches so that I’ll have as much to eat as I want :), and still have enough left over for everyone else.

Yesterday we went for a nice long lunch with everyone from Nick’s company.  We ate at a very nice restaurant about 30 minutes away with an amazing view of the Black Sea.  It was so cool.  I am so appreciative of my friend Jen, who sent me these from her camera.  I cannot wait until my mom gets in or our sea shipment gets in (whichever comes first) so that I can get my camera charger!  I am dying to take more pictures of Isla and Novo. 

Isla just got passed from person to person and had a blast! I am so thankful that everyone seems to enjoy her so much, and she loves people.  I would call her “Bubbles on Champagne” if that nickname weren’t already taken.  She loves to have a good time, and she is so outgoing and smiley!  She really does have a very sweet personality, and she tries to be obedient.  But at the same time, she is not a push over and has very definite opinions!  She is a joy to parent, and I am so thankful that God has chosen me to shepherd her through onto adulthood.

IMG_0190

My mom’s and my tickets to St. Pete have been booked (5/21 through 5/26)!  Now I just need to get busy picking out hotels and figuring out what we are going to do while we are there.  Nick is going to be in Dubai staying at the Ritz, so we will miss him, but I am sure he will be having a good time on his own!  We couldn’t go with him because my mom’s visa to Russia is only a single entry one, and I didn’t want her to leave early.  I want her to stay as long as possible!  BTW, getting a visa to Russia is ridiculous IMO.  It costs almost $300 and takes several weeks!

If anyone knows anything at all about St. Petersburg and what to see and do, feel free to leave your comments!  I need to get busy researching.

God Bless,

Stori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews