"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Packing Up

The movers came yesterday and are staying through tomorrow to pack up our house. I did not finish my home tour because things just got too crazy, but that’s ok. When I started my home tour, I just wanted to document our first home and Isla’s first home, but I guess that it sort of turned into a memorial. Its funny how attached you can get to things all while thinking you are so above materialism!

This has been pretty stress free as far as moves go. My Mother-In-Law, Isla’s Boo came back for the second time in just over a month to watch Isla, and I am so so thankful for her. Nick wanted her to come, and I thought that we could manage on our own, but we decided to take her up on her offer to come anyway. I am so glad that we did! Boo is the best. Isla is even saying “Boo” now :)! Or at least as well as a 10 month old can, and things have gone so much smoother having Isla in good hands.

I have had a couple of moments where I almost lost it. Mostly when saying good bye to all of the dear, dear friends that we have made here. We have been so blessed to know so many wonderful couples that we both enjoy hanging out with! We have met up with several friends the past few nights for the last time, at least for a while, and it was so hard to say good bye. Our dear friends, David and Elysha took us out to dinner Monday night, and afterwards David went out to the car with us and prayed over our family, and it meant so much to us. I am so thankful for the Godly couples that He has placed in our lives these past three years.

The other hard moment happened when I had to decide to take or leave a shopping cart cover for Isla that my mom made. She was so proud of it, and I just couldn’t help but think about all of the love that she put into making it, and how much we would miss her and she would miss Isla… all this, over a shopping cart cover! Nick and I have both been blessed with the best parents, who would do almost anything for us, and who love us so much.

I head back to Magnolia tonight with Isla, and Nick and Boo follow tomorrow after the house is done packing up. I am so thankful that they get to have some Mother/Son alone time before we leave for Russia. We are having an “Early Bird Birthday” for Isla on Saturday, and its also sort of a send off party for us! I want to get there early to help my mom get the party ready. I am letting her take it over because party planning is sooo not my thing! I wish it was.

And then Tuesday we’re off to Russia…!!! I am feeling many things right now, but mostly I am just thankful (this word has surfaced a couple of times in this post) for all that we have and for the great adventure that we have to look forward to!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!
    I'll be thinking and prayer for my new blog freinds!

    I look forward to hearing about your Russian adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I can't believe the move is so close! I will be praying for you and the transition. I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures in Russia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! I can't believe it is getting so close. I'm sure that I'll have so many stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SOON! I cannot wait to hear all the adventures! My phone has had no service all day, I have been trying to get in touch with you, but alas, no phone :( it WILL work before you leave though! LOVE LOVE LOVE from the grant gang!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews