"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our House: Isla’s Room

So Cookie is visiting this week, and just in time too!  Isla and I picked the perfect time to get a stomach virus, on a Thursday night, with Cookie coming the next day!  She has been taking good care of the both of us, and has also been getting a TON of things done.  We are in the process of trying to sell a bunch of things on Craigslist, but before we can do that, Stage Cookie has to stage the house (ie make it look like tidy, organized people live here) and take pictures so that we can always have a way of remembering the first house we owned and the house we brought Isla home to!

Ladies and gents, without further ado, I give you… Isla’s room!

DSC_0311

DSC_0313  DSC_0315 DSC_0319 DSC_0322 DSC_0323I hate to sound ungrateful… usually when I put a sentence in my blog that starts with “I hate to sound ungrateful” I end up deleting it because hello… why should I whine when my life is so blessed?  But I am really ready to redo Isla’s room even though I feel like her nursery is beautiful.  The hardest part of not knowing if Isla was a boy or a girl was not getting to do a girly-girl or full-on boy nursery, and now that I have a girl, I am in yellow and green overload… seriously I cannot take those yellow walls much longer (I was going for cream, and the color was called “Cottage Cream”, its a very pretty YELLOW, not CREAM)!!!  It didn’t bother me so much when I thought I would be able to do Isla’s big girl room in pink, once baby number 2 came along, but now that we are moving, I have had to regroup since her new room will be her nursery, her big girl room, next baby’s nursery and guest room.

For her bedroom in Russia, I am redoing it in the Pottery Barn Kids “Brooke” theme.  Its owls, which I love (they are all the rage now, which is awesome because I actually feel like a trendsetter (for once) since I have loved owl things for such a long time), and I feel like it could work for a girl and a boy, since the primary colors are blue and green, and also an older child too.  Her nursery right now is ALLLLL baby.  Its not the girly pink that I’ve always envisioned, but it will be so cute!  I wish that I was talented enough to make her new bedding (seriously, HATS OFF to you mamas who make everything for your babies nurseries!), but I think that this will be pretty cute!

Potter Barn Kids Brooke Bedding Collection

2 comments:

  1. I love her yellow & green nursery . . . but am also very fond of the owl's and looking forward to seeing pictures of it all put together . . . in Russia. What an adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her nursery now too! Especially since I got to see it in person :) I have to say, it made my day to see Isla with her blanket in that picture above :)

    I am so glad you and Isla feel better! We miss yall!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews