"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Monday, January 10, 2011

All’s Well and Away We Go!

So… sorry for the melodrama last night.  I was very worried, and when Isla didn’t respond to the rocephin shot on Saturday, I had a moment of panic where I thought “Oh my gosh, my baby has leukemia!”  I have known grown people who have had pneumonia, and responded well to a single shot.  This is going to sound so stupid, but they ran sooo many tests on Isla, and she was so miserable and I just kept thinking about all of those mothers whose children really do have serious illnesses, and how strong they have to be to watch their kids go through much, much worse.  Pray for those sweet mothers!

Isla’s fever broke last night, and this morning her white blood cell count was down to 9000, which is right smack dab in the middle or normal, which is exactly where I want it to be!  This might be TMI, but I should let you all know what is going on.  I have never blogged about this, but Isla had a fused labia at her 6 months appointment, which I treated with a cream, and thought we were done with.  Well her labia refused, and because of it she was not able to completely eliminate her bladder, which caused a minor urinary tract infection.  At this point, she is responding to the oral antibiotics, in addition to the two rocephin shots, so we have been cleared for travel!

See she is feeling much better!  Her Dad has been putting her on her rocking horse that used to be mine that her Cookie refinished just for her.  She LOVES it.  I would have thought she was way too young, but her Dad just popped her on one day and started rocking away.  That is what Dad’s are for after all… to push the envelope!  She has great balance on it.

DSC_0012 DSC_0009Nick called me after the appointment when he got back to work, and told me that we were all set to leave tomorrow morning at 8 AM for our big adventure.  We will return to the states on the 17th to Orlando until the 22nd.  This will mean that we lose two days in Orlando, which I am completely bummed about, but I have so much to be thankful for, that it is hard to stay down for long!

We have spent the evening packing up, and Nick has been coming up with creative ways to keep Isla warm in Moscow!

DSC_0003

DSC_0005

DSC_0006DSC_0008Ummm… I’m not so sure that Isla is crazy about her Dad’s kangaroo solution!

Please say a prayer for us for safe travels, and I need to write Isla’s 9 month post since we will be traveling on her 9 month birthday… but I think I may postpone and just do it a couple of days late.  I am tired, and we have an early morning tomorrow!

Thank you so much again for all of your sweet words!

Stori

PS. I love my penpal :), everyone should have one!

PPS. I know I use a lot of exclamation marks… but I am going to continue to use them freely and without shame!!!!!!!!!! HA! :)

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with a lil exclamation mark madness!!!!!! I am so so so glad that she is feeling better and that RIGHT NOW you are in RUSSIA!!! AJ and I have been praying for you guys every chance we get! We are eagerly awaiting the post about all the adventures when you get home! I know Isla is loving it..a wise mommy told me once "she has her two best sources of comfort, mommy and daddy"!!!

    LOVE the kangaroo approach! And LOVE that she can still use the bjourn!!! We outgrew ours TOO fast. Oh well, better have another baby :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews