"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Wannderers: Russia Edition

So I don’t know how to say this other than to just say this, so… WE ARE MOVING TO NOVOROSSIYSK, RUSSIA!

WOW. Feels so good to finally get to share that information. We found out several weeks ago, but we didn’t want to say anything until Nick got the “official” hand off letter from his company.

We knew that a job move was imminent and the truth be told, I thought it would be Houston, was hoping we would stay here, and I never even entertained the thought that we would receive an overseas assignment. Nick did apply for this position, but we never, ever thought he would get it! I hate to admit that I sold my hubby short, but I totally did. Nick did not think he would get it either. He just applied to get his name out there to show that he was interested in moving overseas because we knew that we eventually wanted to go, but we didn’t think it was in the realm of possibility due to Nick’s age and experience level. I completely underestimated him! Nick was even pulled aside and told that it was uncommon for someone on his level to receive an assignment like this, so I think that that speaks pretty highly of Nick. He has a tremendous work ethic and he’s so smart, and I’m thankful that people recognize it.

I was in total shock when he called me and told me the news. I could tell from his voice that something GINORMOUS was up, and he asked me if I was still up for moving with him to Russia! I had to sit down. After we hung up, I walked around in a daze, and I wasn’t allowed to tell our families for 24 whole hours. That was difficult. Surprisingly, they took it better than I thought, considering that I am taking Isla half way across the world from them! For the most part they are happy for us that we are able to have this experience even though they will miss us.

So the past few weeks I have been a touch preoccupied as I am sure you can imagine, but I am not worried, just so excited over what God has planned for us in this move. I just know that His hand will be covering us, and especially Isla, through it all as we work out all of the details and logistics of moving half way around the world. I know He is the reason that we are going, and I am so excited to get to be an active part in global body of Christ!

12 comments:

  1. did he get the offer letter today? As of yesterday, you said he still wasnt sure what the deal was with it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he finally got the official letter this afternoon!!! He just has to sign it and return it. We have looked it over and it looks good, but we need to carefully read it over the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Me too. Elysha was here when Nick called and all I could think about was how much I would miss my friends and family. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaaaaaaat the what! That's incredible! Wow! I am going to have to look up where that is on a map. So when are you going? Do they help you find a house? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!! eee!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHH! I know. I had to look it up on the map too, all I know about it now is that its cold, just not Siberia cold!!! Nick's start date is February 15th, and they will help us with the move. We have been reviewing the package and they help us with just about everything, thank goodness!!!!

    I have so many questions too, and we will slowly start to get them answered. Ah, I am going to miss everyone so much, including you. Right now I am thinking, I am going to miss Adrienne so much... even though I never see you and will continue to be able to talk to you through the same old ways so there will really be no change. Russia just feels soooo far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What an exciting adventure for you guys! Our little epxerience seems so mild compared to that, but I know it will be amazing for you guys . . . not necessarily always easy, but definitely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Moly! Congrats! Can't wait to hear about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE GOING TO RUSSIA?!?!?!?! ;)

    Glad we get to make a visit in December before you go :)

    SO excited for you and I am already planning a trip to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa - Nothing tops The Daigneaultimates: London Edition :).

    Cindy - Yah... Holy Moly!

    Kelly - I know, you must be SHOCKED! Hahahaha. Please come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Congrats!

    I haven't read your blog in a couple of days and then I have to play catch up on what the Russia talk is. How exciting!

    How long will you guys be there?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Che - we don't know for sure. The job posting said 2 to 3 when we applied, but it has now expanded to 3 to 4... we will see! We are so excited and I am just continuing to pray that we find a church there!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews