"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Solid Girl

So Isla tried her first taste of rice cereal last week Monday (October 25th) ! We decided to wait until night time to give it to her so that her Dad could be there. It was a humbling experience as I had a little bit too high expectations, and was determined to start with high chair manners, but it was FUN and I am glad that I got starting solids over with as I had been dreading it!

Here is our first try at solids and high chair manners… as usual, the joke is on me! :) I love the looks on her face when she looks at her Daddy behind the camera!

Clean up after our first attempt.

The second time was the charm! It took us a minute to get started because we thought we might be able to catch the elusive “Fishy Face” that Isla makes so adorably. This video just captures me as a parent in a nutshell! I seriously panic with each new milestone because I take everything so seriously, I fail and I think, I can’t do this parenting thing, but then I calm down, have a good laugh at myself, we try again and the whole family ends up having a good time!

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” :)

We are going to get serious on other foods in the next couple of days!

4 comments:

  1. Thank the Lord for camcorders. She sure loves those high chair straps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these videos are hilarious! I can't believe how big she is ... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. She actually did good!!!! I am impressed!!! I almost fell over laughing at these. You are such a good mommy!!! I love seeing you with her on video!! I promise you...high chair manners (although they are still hard) get MUCH easier when they know how to eat well and have done it several times. She will LOVE the food and act nice so that she can have the food :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews