"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rolling with the Family

The last post I did was our 200th post! The last centennial post, I couldn't think of anything to write so I just made a little proclamation. I'm so glad the 200th was about Isla :). I mean who else would it be about?

We have been at my parents for about two days now! We got in Friday night while my parents were at a wedding, and after Isla went to sleep, we watched House Hunters International for 3 hours straight! We tend to become zombie-like whenever that show is on, but after 3 hours even we were a little restless.

I swore I wouldn't overeat this Thanksgiving, and to prepare, I even brought the Deceptively Delicious cookbook along with some frozen purees... I don't know why I even bother! I have already had Schlotzky's, Whataburger, eggs, bacon and/or biscuits both mornings, tacos, and this afternoon I begged Cookie to make me some cookies! Nick is going to have to roll me out of Houston next Sunday... but it wouldn't be a holiday if I didn't slip into at least one food coma!

Saturday Nick and I went stroller shopping with my Mom and sister and it was very disheartening. I know I mentioned how much I love my current stroller :). But I want to say it again, I really, really love it. It has a full one handed recline, big basket, big canopy, and is just so perfect for my life right now. I just know that our lifestyle and needs are going to be so different once we move, and our stroller will have to adjust accordingly.

Clearly Isla loves it too! Here she is at the Dump, sleeping so sweet.

The shopping was very disheartening and none of the strollers seemed right so I left feeling quite bummed. I have since gone to the drawing board and I have a few new prospects. One of which we might have to buy without actually demonstrating since I can't find a local retailer that sells it... we'll just have to see! Once we make our final decision I am going to do the review to end alllll reviews though.

Today Nick wasn't feeling well so we just hung out at the house, and later in the afternoon we left Isla with my mom, and Nick, my Dad, and I went to go see Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 1. LOVED IT! I wish that Warner Brothers had done the previous movies as well. Although they did kind of sexy it up in some places, which I thought was unnecessary. I am just so tired of smut in movies, and it makes me uncomfortable to watch it.
It was so good though, it scared me to death in some parts, and it made me cry in others. I knew all the was going to happen and I still cried... especially when Dobby dies, but he died a free elf! Oh my goodness, I cried and cried. I can't wait until Isla is old enough to read Harry Potter, but it is going to be a while because those books are not really for kids... oh my gosh, it was awful in the beginning when Charity Burbage is hanging in the air like puppet at the table with all of the Death Eaters!!!!

That's it for now. Nick and I are back to watching House Hunter International now... wow, I want to move to Brittany France :).

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that trying out some of the strollers you've been reading and dreaming about wasn't like manna from heaven. Good luck finding just the right one!

    I can't wait to see HP7: Part 1, glad it got a good review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that Brittany France episode...WOW! You sure can get a whole lotta house for not that much money! BTW, have you ever shopped at a store called Right Start? They carry different baby stuff (strollers & such) There use to be one on Six Pines, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara - Thanks for the tip! We actually set out for Right Start, but we got side tracked and tired before we made it that far. Baby's 1st Furniture on 45 has a HUGE stroller selection, and we would never have stopped there but it was right on the way after we picked up my sister.

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews