Happy Birthday Little Frances… can you please stop growing up so fast now? Thank you!
So, crazy that my little girl is already over the halfway hump to a year! Where has the time gone? I wish that she would slow down a little bit. I don’t want her to stay a baby forever, but would it be so bad if the baby phase lasted 3 or 4 times longer than it does right now?
Well as you know, I overcame my reluctance to give Isla solids… there were a few tears on my part! But after that, it has become a lot of fun although I do miss the super quick feedings that I had grown accustomed to. Also, I am not really comfortable yet feeding her in public, so on those days I usually just give her 2 milk feedings, and it seems to be working.
So far she has tried: peas, pears, carrots, butternut squash, avocado, apples, rice cereal, sweet potato, and cauliflower. She seems to like to eat everything except the avocado and apples on their own. She is such an adventurous little eater! Even if it is obvious she doesn’t like something on the first try, she will give it several more tastes before she really makes up her mind.
Here is a video of her trying apples for the first time! We had already tried it several times before I decided to torture her and give her a little bit more apples just so that I could get her face on camera! Needless to say, I will be buying much different apples from now on to make her applesauce..
- Talks to the dogs. You think I am joking? I am dead serious. I need to get a video of it, but any time she hears a dog barking in the distance, she snaps to attentions and makes a little clipped whoo sound. Then the dog will bark again, and Isla will make another quick whoo. She will continue doing that until the dog stops barking and then she will whoo whoo a couple more times just to make sure the dog is done talking to her. We can sometimes get her to mimic us when we make the whoo sound, but she always does it for a puppy dog!
- Makes a fishy face! We love it, and it cracks us up. She started doing it on her own, but now we can do it back and forth. She loves it when we fishy face at her.
- I am beginning to notice that she has a kinship with animals because she also still roars like a lion. Jessica can vouch for me because she has heard Isla do it. This is something I need to set out to get on camera.
- She is crawling. As of writing this post, she can go wherever she wants to go, but on Saturday October 30th, she took her first few inches of crawling, could only go a couple of inches at a time, and all of a sudden on November 17th she started going a few feet, and now she can go for longggg stretches.
- She plays fetch with herself :).
- For a while she was really into doing a perfect downward facing dog, but that seems to have passed!
- She still loves to blow raspberries, but now she has realized that it is a lot more fun to blow raspberries on something. One day she was on the couch with Nick and she proceeded to go to town making noises on his leg. She did it for over 20 minutes, so I was able to get it on video!