"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Isla Frances is 7 Months Old!

Happy Birthday Little Frances… can you please stop growing up so fast now? Thank you!

So, crazy that my little girl is already over the halfway hump to a year! Where has the time gone? I wish that she would slow down a little bit. I don’t want her to stay a baby forever, but would it be so bad if the baby phase lasted 3 or 4 times longer than it does right now?

Eat/Sleep Habits

Well as you know, I overcame my reluctance to give Isla solids… there were a few tears on my part! But after that, it has become a lot of fun although I do miss the super quick feedings that I had grown accustomed to. Also, I am not really comfortable yet feeding her in public, so on those days I usually just give her 2 milk feedings, and it seems to be working.

So far she has tried: peas, pears, carrots, butternut squash, avocado, apples, rice cereal, sweet potato, and cauliflower. She seems to like to eat everything except the avocado and apples on their own. She is such an adventurous little eater! Even if it is obvious she doesn’t like something on the first try, she will give it several more tastes before she really makes up her mind.

Here is a video of her trying apples for the first time! We had already tried it several times before I decided to torture her and give her a little bit more apples just so that I could get her face on camera! Needless to say, I will be buying much different apples from now on to make her applesauce..

video

She is still sleeping through the night, although she has been waking up a little bit early for the last 4 days. I was so proud of our daylight savings transition. I had slowly moved her routine so that her wake time was an hour later, that way on daylight savings she would wake up at her normal time of 7; it went off without a hitch! Cue her 7 month birthday and now she’s waking up even 2 hours earlier than her wake time before DLS… I think she will be back on track before long though. Also, her nap schedule got back on track only to get completely derailed for some reason again. I am not sure what to do, and I am thinking that we just (semi) abandon the routine because are going to be gone so much before we got to Russia. We have Thanksgiving, which we are in Houston for for a week, a quick trip to California in mid December, Christmas, Disney World in January, and a possible trip to Russia in late January… there will be a lot of routine disruption! I will continue to do my best to respect her and her sleepy times when we are away from home though! I try to make sure that she gets at least one good nap in a day. Even if I can't be home for both naps, I feel good knowing that she gets at least one solid nap in at home.

Activities

- Talks to the dogs. You think I am joking? I am dead serious. I need to get a video of it, but any time she hears a dog barking in the distance, she snaps to attentions and makes a little clipped whoo sound. Then the dog will bark again, and Isla will make another quick whoo. She will continue doing that until the dog stops barking and then she will whoo whoo a couple more times just to make sure the dog is done talking to her. We can sometimes get her to mimic us when we make the whoo sound, but she always does it for a puppy dog!

- Makes a fishy face! We love it, and it cracks us up. She started doing it on her own, but now we can do it back and forth. She loves it when we fishy face at her.

- I am beginning to notice that she has a kinship with animals because she also still roars like a lion. Jessica can vouch for me because she has heard Isla do it. This is something I need to set out to get on camera.

- She is crawling. As of writing this post, she can go wherever she wants to go, but on Saturday October 30th, she took her first few inches of crawling, could only go a couple of inches at a time, and all of a sudden on November 17th she started going a few feet, and now she can go for longggg stretches.

video

- She plays fetch with herself :).

- For a while she was really into doing a perfect downward facing dog, but that seems to have passed!

- She still loves to blow raspberries, but now she has realized that it is a lot more fun to blow raspberries on something. One day she was on the couch with Nick and she proceeded to go to town making noises on his leg. She did it for over 20 minutes, so I was able to get it on video!

video

- She has started trying to pull up on things! She's can get to her knees and that's it.

- She can say "bye bye" and wave "bye bye." It actually is more like "bah bah" and she doesn't so much wave as move her hand a little bit and stare at it when she say "bah bah", but I think its pretty cute so I'm counting it. Her Granny taught her how to do it!

- She is saying "bah", and sometimes says "mah" and "eee". She makes a lot of babble noises which I LOVE. They are so sweet!

- She is not signing back yet. But I think she understands "eat milk" because she always smiles and laughs when I sign this, even when I am not actually saying the words!

- Blanket time is going really well. We think she is beginning to understand us when we say "No, no, stay on the rug." We are not 100% sure.

- I need to get back to being disciplined about play pen time. She really needs a bigger playpen, and I have been shopping around for one. I haven't been doing play pen time because we have been traveling soooo much, but I need to try to do it anyway.

- She looovvvess to bite her Dad's nose... HARD, but he encourages it so its kind of his fault :). He gets a big kick out of it, even though he says it hurts.
- Also, watch your feet when Isla is around! She loves to go after feet, in shoes and out of it. There have been a couple of times that she has been playing on the floor while I have been doing something on the computer on the couch and all of a sudden I get a serious pain in my toe! I look down and there is Isla biting my toes... HARD! How can a baby with no teeth and no signs of teeth coming in have such a hard little bite!

Personality

- She is still such a little sweet pea! That is all that there is to say about it :).

That is all that I can think of right now. When I get home in a week, I will repost will the picture I took of her with her bear! I may update it with anything I can think of. She is our little angel, and we are so in love with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews