"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Monday, October 4, 2010

Deceptively Delicious So Far (5 out of 5 stars)

Folks, I am LOVING this cookbook!  I actually now fantasize about meeting Jessica Seinfeld and telling her how much I love her cookbook.  The recipes are easy, healthy, and delicious!  I have to give the cookbook back to the library on Thursday and I really don’t want to. :/ I also dropped 5 lbs without trying or really realizing it until one day I noticed that my jeans felt loose and I went to weigh myself… I think it is because of this cookbook because that is the only thing I have been doing differently!  Magically losing 5 pounds NEVER happens to me.

deceptively_delicious

So far I have made the following:

Green Eggs and Ham (with Spinach), pictured below: I love this and I have had it many times for breakfast along with some turkey bacon in the past weeks.  It is so good!

P9140795French Toast (with Sweet Potatoes): This one may be a cheat because I still put real syrup and peanut butter on it, but either way it is so good!

Scrambled Eggs (with Cauliflower): Yum, yum, yummy!

Chicken Nuggets (with Broccoli): These were so tender, Nick and I scarfed down almost the entire batch, and its supposed to serve 4 people!  I have never like chicken nuggets better.  I even logged onto Food.com to write a review of these :).

Beef Stew (with Broccoli): I loved it, and my sister said it was the best beef stew she had ever had.

Mozzarella Sticks (with Cauliflower):  I can’t believe I made mozzarella sticks!  These were so much better than the kind you get at a restaurant.  Nick and I also scarfed down the whole batch.  If there is only one recipe you try from this cookbook, try these!

Tuna Salad (with Cauliflower): Loved it!  And I am picky about my tuna.

Spaghetti and Meatballs (with Carrots and Butternut Squash): I’ve made it twice and it is awesome and easier than my previous home made spaghetti and meatballs recipe.

Quesadillas (with Butternut Squash): We really like this, the only bad thing is that we had a hard time keeping the tortillas together.

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (with Butternut Squash): Simply delicious!  I will never make these another way again.

Sloppy Joes (with Sweet Potatoes and Red Peppers): Healthy. Easy. Yummy.

Tacos (with Carrots), pictured below: Delicious!

P9140831

Turkey Chili (with Red Peppers and Carrots), pictured below: I’ve made this twice I liked it so much, plus my sister LOVED it too, and she is a chili connoisseur.

P9170796The only bad recipe so far… THE BROWNIES (with Carrot and Spinach)!  YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!  Of course this is coming from a girl whose brownie recipe calls for 2 sticks of butter and 2 cups of sugar.  They are gritty-teeth good if you know what I mean :), so it was a little hard to adjust to these healthy brownies.

In the next two weeks I plan to try the following:

  • Italian Meatloaf (with Carrots)
  • Mashed Potatoes (with Cauliflower)
  • Homemade Ketchup (with Carrots)
  • Creamy Potato Soup (with Cauliflower and Butternut Squash or Carrots)
  • Tortilla Cigars (with Yellow Squash and Carrots)

3 comments:

  1. Brownies with veggies? No ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been tell Matthew about this cookbook and once we are settled in the new house I am going to try to find it at the library! Everything you made sounds so great and so different, my two favorite food characteristics! I cant wait to start reading your blogs about making BABY FOOD :) You are such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! Ive been eyeing that book since it came out but didnt know if it would be a good purchase. I'm glad I know it's good now.

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews